Roblox doesn’t launch/instantly crashes after launch

Roblox crashes after starting the client, I always get a crash error. When attempting to launch from the web (roblox.com), the client fails to start, providing a crash error. Similarly, if it’s started from the Roblox Player application, there’s a 50/50 chance of either it loading for a few seconds and then crashing with the error, or it not loading and giving me the crash error. I have a similar issue on the Roblox from the Microsoft Store. Once I open it, it loads for a few seconds but then crashes with no error.

I have tried a lot of solutions, both from the help website and the Roblox Support but none has worked so far.

This issue started on the Roblox Player at September 22, 2023 and on the Roblox from the Microsoft store at November 2, 2023.

I have attached a screenshot of the error I get to this message.

My system information:

• CPU: Intel Core i7-3770
  • RAM: 16GB
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 710

roblox error

Log/dump files were attached to the internal ticket by a Roblox Staff (@Focia19), due to the sensitive information they may contain, will not be shared publicly!

2 Likes

We’ve filed a ticket into our internal database for this issue, and we will update you when we have further information!

Thanks for the report!

Hello LostPanda,
Apologize for all the trouble. Based on your dump file it looks like you are running Roblox in a virtual machine. We prevent playing in a VM without a dedicated GPU.
Make sure that you have disabled VTx/SVM in your efi/bios options.
Let me know if this works for you?

1 Like

Is this a new policy? I couldn’t see this mentioned anywhere except for what Bitdancer has said on the DevForum. Does using a virtual machine count as Misusing Roblox Systems in the ToS?

There is not currently a policy against virtual machines. On Windows we do provide the ability to use them with a dedicated GPU. More that we don’t provide compatibility for anything else.

1 Like

I’m not running Roblox in a Virtual Machine, it’s running from the Host Operating System. I will try to disable those options in the BIOS, but still it shouldn’t detect I’m on a VM.

Hi MrEakar. Thank you so much, it worked! I disabled Virtualization Technology in my EFI and I can finally play Roblox after 5 months.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.