ROBLOX Error 277: Games Unplayable

Hello DevForum Members,

Recently in the past few months, my little brother has been having constant on and off errors with the ROBLOX player. Specifically, error 277. Now I am aware that this has been brought up before, but as I go through the past threads none of them seem to specifically match this issue and no fix has been mentioned. The posts from the past are a bit outdated, so I am wondering if there is any new fix to the issue.

The Issue:

1. The issue occurs on both wifi and ethernet connection
  2. It only happens for him, I don’t face this error my self on the same connection
  3. It is not his firewall
  4. Internet settings and such have been reset/adjusted
  5. Everything in this article: https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/203312880-General-Connection-Problems has been followed with no success
  6. The issue does not occur consistently. One day it works, the next it doesn’t. One hour it works, the next it doesn’t. One minute it works completely fine, and he can get in a game, the next no success.
  7. He has tried to play several different games with no success.
  8. It’s not his account.
  9. Once the issue starts, it stays for hours at a time and then randomly goes away.

This seems like an issue that won’t go away, and ROBLOX has not specified a reason to why it is happening. Right now, for him ROBLOX is unplayable and we don’t understand why. Is there anything I don’t know? Is there anything I can try? Why is the issue so abnormally inconsistent?

7 Likes

I want to at least understand one thing. Is this a issue on his computer or is this issue on Roblox’s side?

I think it’s on his computer, the network works for me and his account works on my pc.

Btw. I did uninstall and reinstall roblox with no success.

Sorry to know that your little brother is having trouble connecting to ROBLOX. However, I found a post with the same topic. I suggest you check it out. Server disconnection, Error Code: 277

1 Like

I have to admit this has been happening to me as well recently. I’ve been getting an error 277 about 30 minutes into play on average, when my internet connection is perfectly stable at 3 bars, (often times Im the only one using the wifi so Its not a problem of overuse of something) I started realizing this was a problem when this post appeared in my Dizzy server:

Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 3.44.10 PM

Also sorry for replying so late especially considering how old this topic is, I was just trying to see what info I could get on this problem and found this

2 Likes

I don’t much of the issue, it doesn’t seem like anything that stops… What I do know is Ethernet does not always work either.

Have you tried rice??

No, but seriously I would complete reinstall Roblox. I think Roblox throws this error when it doesn’t know what happened in it’s environment.

When you uninstall Roblox, make sure you don’t have any left over files from Roblox, so completely search your PC and deleted all those files that look like its came from Roblox, because in my history, Roblox leaves some files around that it may point to that may be corrupted.

Make sure you also have enough space on your drive (~5GB) because roblox may be running out of space which may explain:

or again the files are corrupted which would explain it too.

1 Like

Huh? This was 7 months ish ago… This isn’t a result of that, that’s disconnecting.

It start to hit me multiples times, that wasn’t my first time, that would be my like 20th. Even though my wifi and internet is all good

1 Like

Other one just hit me today image

Happends to me too now, I switched locations/networks and now i am unable to do anything at this point. Does it resolve or do i need to do anything about it??

I have no idea how the problem went away for me, it just stopped showing for some reason