Roblox Flashing White Randomly, Causing Eye Strain

Roblox has been constantly flashing randomly and it is causing me eye strain. It only started happening today, but a few of my friends had it happen to them at other times.

This happens while in an experience as well and is a whole app-wide issue.

This happens more frequently when streaming to Discord.

Update: I had my Discord crash on me while on a call with friends, and it fixed itself when Discord loaded back up. This issue still happens when streaming to Discord, so I will keep it up as unfixed.

11 Likes

For me this issue happens even when not streaming, for me personally it’s a little bit annoying, for anyone with epilepsy this could be potentionally harmful.

6 Likes

I definitely agree. It happened to me without streaming, but I had to note it happens worse while streaming

1 Like

I’m having the same issue as well.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! I filed a ticket in our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

4 Likes

I’ve found that it occurs more often if you are not in-game when attempting to start streaming, the only way to solve the issue once it has started to occur is to close both Discord and Roblox. The issue starts occurring as soon as the stream preview loads for Roblox (when you get to select the application you wish to stream) so it appears to be connected to how external applications like Discord are capturing the Roblox application. The white flickering is also only caught in such stream 50% of the time from my experience, 50% of the time the stream will include the white flickers, the other 50% of the time it will not; perhaps that could be due to my streaming framerate being low however.

I’ve had this since the app launched.

2 Likes

It might be an issue with your renderer. I’ve seen Vulkan act this way sometimes. D3D11 is the best choice imo

@Abcreator

If it is an issue with my renderer this is still an issue Roblox should look into, whether it needs to be documented to affected users or otherwise. No normal Roblox user is going to understand how to switch the Roblox rendering APIs to a different one (if that is even possible outside of Studio), no other application except Roblox has this issue for me.

2 Likes

Changing rendering type is a fast flag

I believe its just graphicsprefer then the name of the renderer

FastFlags are not user friendly and should not need to be manually changed by a user.

2 Likes

I’m aware. It would be better if it was configurable via the game settings.

1 Like

Better to try than not.

Unfortunately, the first statement of being only a Windows 11 thing is not true for this case. This happens on my Windows 10 device as well. I have tried the solutions you provided, but they do not work and only restarting Discord worked (since apparently, they collided).

Forgot to mention, I had the issue of the mic on by default and it worked for that.

I meant to leave an update under that post I made. Windows 10 has VMP and Core Isolation as well. The issue is just more prevalent in Windows 11 due to applications lack of compatibility.

Discord is notorious for causing issues with other games. Specifically, Valorant.

What I did was made sure that Discord was only using my High Performance GPU as it uses Hardware Acceleration for the graphics. You could try experimenting with switching this behaviour to integrated if that applies to you. You could also just turn off hardware acceleration.

1 Like

I assume that Discord may be the core issue since this only started happening after a certain update. I unfortunately don’t know which one, but it was sometime between the 64x update and the most recent.

Mine already is set to that, unfortunately, so that has no effect on the screen flashing. The reason why I have both set (HPGPU and HA) is that it lags less

I encountered this bug on a guest computer (Windows 10, no discord app installed) I was using today, just thought it was a bug with full screen.

1 Like

I had the issue while not in fullscreen, so there might be something else that could be causing it. I assume maybe a rendering engine not properly being used as it’s suppose to

I was also having this issue a few days ago on my PC - assumed it was an issue on my end, but it seems I was wrong. I also have Discord installed and had to restart my PC for the issue to subside.

This only happens to me when streaming on discord from the app that gets launched from the website

That’s why I’ve never chose to use that hunk of junk, and stood with the website.