Roblox framerate low on good pc

It could be caused by background applications, maybe you have a lot of things running?

Yeah, I’ve heard this before, so I keep the bare minimun of apps running, such as discord, and google chrome. Thats all. Still lags, and before I could have csgo running in the background, with no lag. :man_shrugging:

Maybe it’s a problem in some specific games that you play? try other games and compare their performance

Maybe…, but I might’ve found a fix. I typed in gamemode settings on windows, and turned off the optimization, and now I can run arsenal on max frames :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oh I forgot about that settings sorry :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Huh, that may actually work! (29+1 chars is annoying)

1 Like

Sort of unrelated, but if you search up rbxfpsunlocker, on google it should be the first on, and it is an fps unlocker that will not get you banned from roblox, Engineer Adam Miller made a personal guarantee here.

Edit: Uncaps your FPS, roblox normally caps it at 60 frames.

To follow up this post, I do believe roblox has improved the performance, though I still think it relies on the cpu a good deal.

This is only a temporary solution, as when Roblox updates it changes to a new version number and new folder (resulting in you having to change it again).

1 Like

A solution to this is to use the Microsoft Store app. rbxfpsunlocker will still work.

1 Like

(sorry for necrobumping) but the reason you could run CS:GO well is because its a source engine game and the source engine on my low budget pc (not a gaming pc but i use it for games anyways) runs super well because its an engine from 2004 sure they update it but they haven’t added many graphical features to the engine

Following up,
I have experienced severe performance declines in the past months, I do not know why or how, but no hardware has been changed and I can consistently play AAA games with max graphics with at least 100 frames a second.

Since I still do not have access to bug reports, and I’m not sure how much of the community is affected by this, I do not know if it will ever be fixed for the small percentage of users that are experiencing this problem.

For more information, the game engine never fully utilizes my GPU or CPU, and nothing else is over 50%, and even then the CPU and GPU are only around 60%
Please, if anyone is reading this, give us a solution if at all possible.
Thank you.

4 Likes

I have the same issue. I run a very high end setup, and yet roblox still runs awful compared to anything else. I can go from ~400 uncapped to suddenly dipping below my refresh rate for seemingly no reason. It also seems to cause random lag spurts making roblox unplayable in FPS/competitive themed games. GPU/CPU usage is also lower than I would have expected, leading me to think roblox heavily relies on single core performance rather than multicore.

2 Likes

Following up once more,
@zalh DMed me on discord, and they gave me a solution to the problem.
From what I can tell I have been experiencing much better frames.
No idea why it works, but it does.

Solution

1. Open the roblox website and launch any game, do not use the microsoft store app.
  2. Open task manager.
  3. Right click roblox in task manager and open properties.
  4. Go to compatibility tab.
  5. Tick the box that says “Disable fullscreen optimizations”
  6. Click apply and close roblox. (full computer restart may be required)
  7. Launch roblox again and frames will probably be better.
7 Likes

I have this same issue recently or a similar one, none of the fixes worked. Other games work fine. Also tried updating my graphics driver and that didn’t work. My specs are older now (i7 4720hq and NVIDIA GTX 980m), but they should be running even more demanding Roblox games fine on high graphics. Temps are fine. I used MSI Afterburner and noticed that Roblox is only using 6-700mhz of my GPU clockspeed, which is 1033mhz. Not sure how to fix it, but that seems to be the specific issue for me at least.

1 Like