Roblox games load for about 3 seconds then instantly crash

I can confirm that this issue is fixed for me, the channel changed from zwinplayer64 to production.

Is there a way to try out the new Launcher with byfron with it?

15 Likes

I have the same issue. Roblox loads for a couple of seconds and crashes.

12 Likes

can confirm, it also crashes for me, and the new update has made it worse

12 Likes

This just started happening to me as well :frowning:

12 Likes

Bumping. Any game I attempt to play will activate the launcher but then proceed to shutdown. The Roblox client will remain active as a background process according to Task Manager, but the window itself is no longer active.

After a few retries this error prompt appears:

21 Likes

My channel changed from zwinplayer64 to production, try switching to the production channel to try if it works normally again

Put this on your Search Bar:
roblox-player:1+launchmode:app+channel:production

I am not a professional for this kind of stuff.

17 Likes

Hello everyone,

If you haven’t already, please file a new bug report that includes the log file and the crash dump. Please upload these files to the "private content for staff-only" section. Without these files, it’s difficult to diagnose the issue accurately. Even if the issues appear similar, the root causes could be very different. Please note that this request doesn’t apply to Veov_Ekdosi and Tsu. Thank you for your understanding.

15 Likes

I faced the same problem. The application does not work for me and I cannot join the game through the site (starts and crashes almost immediately), but if I do as Tsu says (roblox-player:1+launchmode:app+channel:production), then the application starts without problems and I can play from the app. My logs and dump files

11 Likes

I seem to have the same issue however after the ‘Starting Roblox…’ popup it either appears to run in the background and close after a few seconds or it displays the roblox crash message. Logs + Dump Files

Also, this issue seems to only occur with the Roblox Player, not the Windows 10 client or Roblox Studio.

14 Likes

If this is of any help, I’ve been sent this:

10 Likes

Hello, in my case the machine instantly crashes and resets.

I thought it was a problem with the hardware but other games run fine, but the moment i open the roblox player launcher my computer resets.

This is the first time it happens to me.

System specs:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8gb vram)
Intel Core i5-10400 processor
16 GB DDR4 memory

10 Likes

Hello Alex_Kornilov,

We have analyzed the crash dump you provided, and based on it, we have found that the reason for the crash was Hyperion detecting what we call “badware.” Badware is typically some form of cheat software, but it could also be malware on your machine or a badly written driver.

We recommend performing a clean boot and attempting to run Roblox again. Additionally, as a precaution, we recommend thoroughly cleaning your computer using various virus scanners and malware removers.

10 Likes

Hello CertifiedNoob,

We have analyzed the crash dump you provided, and based on our findings, we have determined that the reason for the crash was due to Hyperion detecting an attempt to run the Roblox client from a virtual machine. We recommend that you run the Roblox client directly on Windows.

12 Likes

Hello quetzaLheartshot,

Please provide us with the corresponding crash dump. This will help us investigate the issue more thoroughly and identify its root cause.

11 Likes

Thanks for the answer, but after a while, roblox worked for me (or is it an update or what, I don’t know, but I’m glad that it works)

10 Likes

Im also having a similar issue but instead it allows me to play the game for about 5 - 15 minutes before it freezes and closes itself, I dont have this issue with 32-bit Roblox though

11 Likes

This is a disappointing response. Will there ever be a solution for this or will we just have to do a clean boot every time Roblox/Hyperion can’t handle an outdated driver?

13 Likes

As it turns out, turning off Secure Boot in my BIOS, core isolation in Windows Defender and also disabling a few VM-related windows features, I was able to get Roblox working.

My guess is that because of these virtualization-based processes running, Byfron thought that I was running on a virtual machine and therefore refused to run.

13 Likes

Hello OppaStoppaStomppa,

I understand your frustration, but in this particular case, I referred to “badly written” drivers, not “outdated” drivers. Those are two different things. Our telemetry indicates an unusually high number of malware and rootkits on the machines from which we receive core dumps. Unfortunately, all the data we receive is anonymized, so we cannot contact infected users directly. This is also the reason why I ask for core dumps in bug reports. Furthermore, just to be clear, Hyperion is not a virus scanner and does not scan the system. Only if malicious software directly interacts with the Roblox client can Hyperion identify malicious software.

10 Likes

Hello Alex_Kornilov,

I’m glad everything works for you. However, we still recommend being on the lookout for malicious software. As I mentioned in my response to OppaStoppaStomppa, we can only detect malware if it interacts with the client directly. Therefore, there is still a good chance that malicious software is running on your machine.

6 Likes