Roblox having major physics issues

Here is an example of the player position desync in Bee Swarm Simulator. In order for the orange honey beams to be attached to the players, they must be standing on the circular pads in front of their hives. In this picture other players are shown with the beams converting honey while in random places around the map. Many players are reporting seeing similar stuff at the moment.

5 Likes

I can confirm, @Spathi and I are having problems in our game as well. Character replication is insanely spotty / slow. Half of the character movements don’t properly replicate to clients, and if they do replicate they’re very delayed.

E.g. if I walk forward for about 5 seconds, on another player’s screen I didn’t walk at all, until a few seconds later.

6 Likes

Also, note whenever I was playing a roblox football game on their screen I was in a completely different spot in-game, while on my screen I was right beside them. Lets say I was at the 20 yard line, on my friends screen I would be at the 50 yard line.

1 Like

Having in-game issues as well, slow loading, connectivity issues from the website when clicking play, HttpService fails, TeleportService fails, topbar disappears, owner-right in the console disappears, not everything in the games happens at same time, but happens randomly, but mostly minimum 1 of those happen everytime, TeleportService and HttpService is the most critical for me since it made me had to close the game.

I also have connectivity issues to Roblox Studio too, where I gets randomly logged out and loading issues about that it can’t load the place, the last happens most often, about 75% of the times. And roblox website is really slow and I get a timeout error about 25% of the times.

2 Likes

This is starting to be a big issue and there’s no idea on what is causing it.
Nearly everything slugs out of the blue, chat still acting perfectly normally but player positions are desynced, server inserted parts take long to insert, TeleportService errors locally, and server scripts delay to react.

I might try to run this on an empty baseplate and if the same thing happens, there’s nothing I can do to find out what’s going on.

3 Likes

Yes, I can definitely confirm that this is happening to at least two of my games. Character movement sometimes doesn’t replicate at all, and if it does, it is very inaccurate. This breaks all of my client-sided hit detection work.

Where my character is standing from my client’s point of view:

Where my character is standing on another player’s client:

As you can see, the rotation and positioning is totally messed up (not to say “cursed”). This is a critical issue that does at least affect a few games.

5 Likes

Apparently the current state of CorePackages of the game cause an insane amount of instability. Any ideas why the engine is messing up?

List of observed issues

• UI failing to work as intended
  • Player position desync
  • Thumbnail loading failure; affected the main menu
5 Likes

Our game is currently having many teleport issues, this seems to be the most common one:

This is preventing our entire game from working as it relies on teleports.

3 Likes

I’m not sure if this counts, but just like player position replication problems in other games, my game is also suffering from the same thing but for tanks. These tanks utilize SetNetworkOwnership to the respective players for smooth client tank movement.

As seen in the screenshot, my test account (right screen) is next to me on it’s client and on the server, it can do damage to me normally with it’s close range only turret. However, my main account does not see this, it sees my alt all the way at the spawn point (a point that would be impossible to damage me at that range). If I were to fire at where my alt is supposed to be, it deals damage, even though I am just shooting at thin air on my screen.

Again, none of this has happened until today, and the local tank control scripts have not been modified in a while.

4 Likes

Can confirm, on a variety of games which involve guns and categories such as scrimmages and/or 1v1s, there have been a range of “exploit” reports, when it was this issue, as on some players screens, other players would be at different positions, however, on said “other” player’s screen, they were right next to the person who reported them.

1 Like

I’m also having issues with my game, people with slow internet are having weird issues with cars, i’m assuming that’s because scripts are being slow, as well as cars are not moving on some people’s clients.

1 Like

rotvelocity isn’t replicating for some people (and from the odd-moving marble’s perspective, they’re rolling around fast, not “walking” slowly)

(clients manually set RotVelocity while pushing with a VectorForce)

robloxapp-20200430-0845575_3.wmv (2.6 MB)

1 Like

I’ve been having these issues in multiple games in studio. Replicating anything seems to take forever

3 Likes

I believe it might be due to the large increase in players over the couple of past days, roblox servers haven’t been having it good lately in the past month. Evident from the increase of players seen on the front page usually as of now, topping above 10k players for each game.

1 Like

I’ve had reports of this issue regularly over the past 24 hours. In some cases it was so bad that the user themselves was unable to move, and was being pushed around in a similar way as a character would if it had a cancollide part welded to the bottom of its legs. The game is completely unplayable.

I have issues when i’m playing a game like arsenal. Everything is fine but when I climb a ladder or jump, I just freeze. The game is still working and I can see other people moving, but I’m just stuck and I cant move or talk.

We identified a feature release that would potentially cause distributed physics issues related to the 2nd (and possibly 3rd) player that joins a given server instance. We have disabled the related feature in the short term and expect the issues to be cleared soon.

20 Likes

I’m having the same problem as well. My characters are not sync and my in-game clock is slowed a lot. A second in the games takes about 5 to 8 seconds.

1 Like

The same problem happens to me both on pc and on mobile. From lag unexpectedly to exiting the ‘Join Server’ screen cause it freezes upon joining. When opening the developer console, CoreMemory(not CoreGui) seems to have higher memory then any other object in the server.

I have a feeling that this is another problem about an exploit script, we just had the issue again today.
Changing the hours of when we started our game session earlier and the whole 40 minutes of the game went by easily until seconds later at the time that we usually start our game, our game suddenly skyrockets in ping. It’s obvious this person running this exploit script just didn’t know we started at a different time.

The server doesn’t have any performance issues on the microprofiller, it practically is just the client not receiving any updates from the server about physics and remote events (chats).

I’m not sure if it might be that a script is just slamming a lot of RemoteFunctions or RemoteEvents to hit a network limit of some sort.

There is a lot of printing about CoreGui though, so that’s something.

5 Likes