Roblox image chat using the official roblox chat. (Feedback appreciated + Updated version)

I have made a system to send images in the roblox chat!
You can only send messages from a new menu I added in the roblox chat.

Here is how it looks and works:
https://gyazo.com/833893857a1112689fac611c1be56983

Yes, these messages will show for other players!

Changes for the latest version:
Make chat bubbles work above the players character when they send a image (I decided to make a custom Chat Bubble system since it was easier to do that!)
Bug Fixes and Optimisations

Here is a look at the latest version:
https://gyazo.com/ac32a6c62f5932844d8f608a6b7d8ec3

Here is a look at the Chat Bubbles with this system:
https://gyazo.com/6acfee7b23792316af669fee4fe804c6

The future plans of this system:
Add GIFs when the public can upload videos to roblox.

Any ideas or feedback for this is heavily appreciated!

10 Likes

It looks very nice, but, when inserted, they look like emojis. Why don’t you make an emoji picker instead?

1 Like

On another note, you should switch the tween to sine since the bounciness is not quite relaxing at all. It’s jumpy and strains the eyes a little.

1 Like

I have plans to add chat settings and animations will be one of the settings :smiley:

4 Likes

This system can handle a tone of images (uses a ScrollingFrame and automatically loads all the images from a folder then the canvasSize of the ScrollingFrame changing to be the best size possible) and I just thought, why not make this thing cause I haven’t seen any roblox game do this before

It looks nice, but I would also like it if you could just use :emoji: format to insert the emoji. This system reminds me a lot of Breaking Point and is a really nice custom chat.

I don’t really know if editing the roblox chat code to change how it looks and add stuff is a custom chat, but thanks!

I have no plans todo :emoji: tho since I have no idea on how that could be done

I suggest making the icon’s a bit more clear. Other than that, it looks awesome!

Yeah, I made image messages bigger than text messages after posting this.
Thanks for the feedback anyway!

1 Like

It’s super cool I like the idea of the bouncy text as I’ve never seen that before. The emojis are cool but you should add a + button that once pressed it pulls up a bigger list of emojis to use.

I am adding MANY emojis over time and it is a ScrollingFrame that auto resizes every emoji added.
(The button for the menu also has a Icon now)
Thank you for the feedback too!

No problem! What if you made a way where users can use a currency to open a crate and get custom emojis?

I was thinking of something like that but ima have to make a new datastore that crosses across save slots

Wait nvm, how save slots that are created uses a datastore that crosses across slots

(Yes I do use DataStore2)

1 Like

Ripull had a feature like that in his ripull minigames, maybe try and get some inspiration from that?

possibly could, I will check it out later

1 Like

This is actually really cool, I like the idea!
But I have an idea, though. You can make it that the user can import custom images, by using decal IDs. And you can make it that it costs in-game currency to do that, or maybe robux.

I would add this BUT the one thing making me NOT do this is bypassed images.

Edit:
Now I think of it, making it cost robux might just make it possible since most people don’t want to waste there robux to send a bypassed image into the chat.
Maybe having that feature to be 10-15 robux then yeah.
For now I will stick with having these images then add packs for more images.

1 Like

I have recently updated this system again after a few months, the post has the new changes with the system!

Can I have this? It looks awesome and would be fun to have in my game

1 Like

Sorry, I’ve been working on it for my own games and have no plans to release it to the public since it is still being heavily worked on to be perfect in my games!

It does still build off Roblox’s Chat System but I have no clue if it will stay that way within the next year, roblox’s code for the chat system is extremely messy so next time I decide to change it I will be rewriting it with my own menu and code, I might make another post updating on how it is now but I am not sure as of now.

Thank you for asking about this Chat System and if you can use it though, I am sorry but I don’t have plans for it to be released to the public anytime soon.