Roblox image chat using the official roblox chat. (Feedback appreciated + Updated version)

I have made a system to send images in the roblox chat!
You can only send messages from a new menu I added in the roblox chat.

Here is how it looks and works:
https://gyazo.com/833893857a1112689fac611c1be56983

Yes, these messages will show for other players!

Changes for the latest version:
The menu for images is improved
Chat tags now work with the system
More Images and a icon for the button to open the images menu
Bug Fixes and Optimisations

Here is a look at the latest version:
https://gyazo.com/ac32a6c62f5932844d8f608a6b7d8ec3

The future plans of this system:
A animation for the images menu when opened and closed < Added
Make chat bubbles work above the players character when they send a image
Add GIFs when the public can upload videos to roblox.

Any ideas or feedback for this is heavily appreciated!

9 Likes

It looks very nice, but, when inserted, they look like emojis. Why don’t you make an emoji picker instead?

1 Like

On another note, you should switch the tween to sine since the bounciness is not quite relaxing at all. It’s jumpy and strains the eyes a little.

1 Like

I have plans to add chat settings and animations will be one of the settings :smiley:

4 Likes

This system can handle a tone of images (uses a ScrollingFrame and automatically loads all the images from a folder then the canvasSize of the ScrollingFrame changing to be the best size possible) and I just thought, why not make this thing cause I haven’t seen any roblox game do this before

It looks nice, but I would also like it if you could just use :emoji: format to insert the emoji. This system reminds me a lot of Breaking Point and is a really nice custom chat.

I don’t really know if editing the roblox chat code to change how it looks and add stuff is a custom chat, but thanks!

I have no plans todo :emoji: tho since I have no idea on how that could be done

I suggest making the icon’s a bit more clear. Other than that, it looks awesome!

Yeah, I made image messages bigger than text messages after posting this.
Thanks for the feedback anyway!

1 Like

It’s super cool I like the idea of the bouncy text as I’ve never seen that before. The emojis are cool but you should add a + button that once pressed it pulls up a bigger list of emojis to use.

I am adding MANY emojis over time and it is a ScrollingFrame that auto resizes every emoji added.
(The button for the menu also has a Icon now)
Thank you for the feedback too!

No problem! What if you made a way where users can use a currency to open a crate and get custom emojis?

I was thinking of something like that but ima have to make a new datastore that crosses across save slots

Wait nvm, how save slots that are created uses a datastore that crosses across slots

(Yes I do use DataStore2)

1 Like

Ripull had a feature like that in his ripull minigames, maybe try and get some inspiration from that?

possibly could, I will check it out later

1 Like

This is actually really cool, I like the idea!
But I have an idea, though. You can make it that the user can import custom images, by using decal IDs. And you can make it that it costs in-game currency to do that, or maybe robux.

I would add this BUT the one thing making me NOT do this is bypassed images.

Edit:
Now I think of it, making it cost robux might just make it possible since most people don’t want to waste there robux to send a bypassed image into the chat.
Maybe having that feature to be 10-15 robux then yeah.
For now I will stick with having these images then add packs for more images.

1 Like