Roblox Inspire 2024 Challenge

He’s talking about work and schedules. Not making assets.

1 Like

I agree if they could give us the dates in advance so we could make time. Also, you can’t spend a month preparing assets, do you know how a game jam works? They announced the theme and you have to build a game around that, do you think other platforms have an issue with that? Of course not. They announced that there would be a game jam for Inspired 24 days ago, on July 12th. They said details were revealed then but not when we had to commit our time.

1 Like

what exactly does “good standing” mean here?

1 Like

Offense is taken, finding time to take 4 days off versus 18 days off to figure out the timeline and then have the time to commit to a project is quite unreasonable for most people. Game Jam’s are entire multi-day affairs. I envy you if your schedule is so loose you can get time 5 days in advance for a 3-4 day major time commitment. Have you ever planned anything?

1 Like

They should make it so chats like these are disabled, thats the kind of things they should be doing.

1 Like

You were already at RDC, you already planned to go to RDC. You had the timeline locked in and lots of time to prepare to go to RDC. You were already at RDC, you could do the game jam at RDC without having to compromise anything.

1 Like

You can solve that problem by changing the rules, they allow for prepared assets in the rules of the Jam. As I said before they announced there would be a game jam on July 12th so people could have been making generic stuff even far before that date. Preparing for something you don’t know what you’re going to make is how developers operate in general why would that affect the game jam anymore than it already has?

1 Like

What happens to the winners who already got an invite and have purchased flights/lodging already? Will they be reimbursed or how will that work?

1 Like

Good luck to everyone who will participate in this challenge! I can’t wait to see what you all create. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have a question about submitting the explanation of the project and future plans.
What format would it be in? Text, video, or are both available?

2 Likes

Hey,

Yes, international flights are available. For more information about the flights and accommodations, please refer to the terms of participation!

3 Likes

if using premade assets affects the originality criteria, then how much would a framework affect it? our team really prefers using a framework but we are worried that if we do, it would affect our chances, so i’d like to know if the usage of a framework would be a significant deciding factor within the judging of the experiences so we can plan accordingly

1 Like

Hey @Superr_Z, this will be a textbox!

2 Likes

It will be reimbursed as long as it follows the Terms of Participation requirements!

2 Likes

idk how roblox managed to pick the worst possible time it seems. 3 of my team members are going back to school and 3 days is still too little. should have started this week tbh…

7 Likes

Happy to see another gamejam, and I’ll probably participate if the theme is good.

That being said, I am curious what will happen if someone under the age of 18 wins the grand prize. According to the terms of participation, “to be eligible for the
Top Prize you must be at least 18 years old and have no prior moderation
infractions on the Roblox Services.”
Does that mean that if the team who wins the top prize is entirely under 18, the prize goes to nobody?

As someone under 18, I know I don’t have a chance of getting it anyway, but if I were to theoretically enter and earn the top prize for the gamejam, I definitely wouldn’t get the trip to RDC… so would it just disappear?

3 Likes

Wow, this is super exciting! Can’t wait to give this a shot with some of my friends.

Our team is a couple of people short, so if anybody is interested in working with a serious team, shoot me a DM!

As of now, we’ve got a couple of people who can build, script, and do UI, but we’re looking to have at least another coder and builder/ modeler.

I’m looking forward to this, and good luck to all the other teams! :partying_face:

1 Like

Ah don’t worry about originality.
If they were actually taking into account originality, I don’t think a game clearly made with heavy assistance from AI tools would’ve won the last game jam they hosted. But it did … so i’d say its a pretty negligible factor.

1 Like

13-17 are still eligible for the other categories and prizes, which include the GoGift gift cards.

2 Likes

Are participants allowed to use pre-created and ready assets in their experience? Are all aspects of submissions required to be created in the 5 day window?

1 Like