Roblox Inspire 2024 Challenge

I have a question about submitting the explanation of the project and future plans.
What format would it be in? Text, video, or are both available?

2 Likes

Hey,

Yes, international flights are available. For more information about the flights and accommodations, please refer to the terms of participation!

3 Likes

if using premade assets affects the originality criteria, then how much would a framework affect it? our team really prefers using a framework but we are worried that if we do, it would affect our chances, so i’d like to know if the usage of a framework would be a significant deciding factor within the judging of the experiences so we can plan accordingly

1 Like

Hey @Superr_Z, this will be a textbox!

2 Likes

It will be reimbursed as long as it follows the Terms of Participation requirements!

2 Likes

idk how roblox managed to pick the worst possible time it seems. 3 of my team members are going back to school and 3 days is still too little. should have started this week tbh…

7 Likes

Happy to see another gamejam, and I’ll probably participate if the theme is good.

That being said, I am curious what will happen if someone under the age of 18 wins the grand prize. According to the terms of participation, “to be eligible for the
Top Prize you must be at least 18 years old and have no prior moderation
infractions on the Roblox Services.”
Does that mean that if the team who wins the top prize is entirely under 18, the prize goes to nobody?

As someone under 18, I know I don’t have a chance of getting it anyway, but if I were to theoretically enter and earn the top prize for the gamejam, I definitely wouldn’t get the trip to RDC… so would it just disappear?

3 Likes

Wow, this is super exciting! Can’t wait to give this a shot with some of my friends.

Our team is a couple of people short, so if anybody is interested in working with a serious team, shoot me a DM!

As of now, we’ve got a couple of people who can build, script, and do UI, but we’re looking to have at least another coder and builder/ modeler.

I’m looking forward to this, and good luck to all the other teams! :partying_face:

1 Like

Ah don’t worry about originality.
If they were actually taking into account originality, I don’t think a game clearly made with heavy assistance from AI tools would’ve won the last game jam they hosted. But it did … so i’d say its a pretty negligible factor.

1 Like

13-17 are still eligible for the other categories and prizes, which include the GoGift gift cards.

2 Likes

Are participants allowed to use pre-created and ready assets in their experience? Are all aspects of submissions required to be created in the 5 day window?

1 Like

Yes, you may use pre-created and ready assets. However, keep in mind that originality is part of the judging criteria. Please, refer to the Terms of Participation for more details!

1 Like

Wow! This sounds awesome! I wish I could participate, but for reasons I can’t talk about, I can’t. Hopefully in a few years Roblox will keep doing this so people like me can participate!

1 Like

i normally wouldn’t have worried about it for the Developer Challenge 2024, but this challenge specifically has an Originality criteria, which makes me think they would actually take it seriously since it’s explicitly stated; i don’t want to ruin any chances we have just because we used a framework to assist with development

1 Like

Super excited and can’t wait! Last year’s Connect 2023 challenge was a blast. Good luck to everyone this year, and remember to have fun! :smile:

Love the addition of the trip to RDC as the grandprize by the way, would love to see more RDC based prizes such as invites for winners of categories in future or previous events.

1 Like

5 Days is plenty. The old RDC game jams we only had 12-20 hours to complete a game and it was really fun to participate in.

1 Like

@Gu4rana @joodles03 i get some questions

• Are we allowed to submit our game on the first day and place all pre-made assets in a excel file and keep that up-to-date with a link

• how much pre-made assets are allowed to keep it originally

• count recourses like profile service as pre made

• are TTS/voice clone alowed in the video

• are broken games allowed i think not I can get a good game in that short time

• are we allowed to update our experience if we like started later than the start date and can I manage members trough the new role system each experience I think I can on that way prevent members from updating by removing permission from that experience

1 Like

The discord is kinda broken it removes my long masage to find a team

1 Like
1 Like

Hey @foodeggs7,
Happy to answer them!

• You can submit your experience at any time during the challenge timeframe. You can use an excel file to keep track of the pre-made assets, but please, copy and paste the rows on the survey as plain text.
  • Using pre-made assets is completely ok! I’d recommend always referring to the terms of participation. As previously mentioned in the originality judging criteria:

Originality: The experience was created creatively and demonstrates unique and original ideas.

• Yes, any pre-made resources count as pre-made assets.
  • Yes, you can use TTS/voice clone for the video trailer.
  • All valid submissions will be considered, even if the game ends up breaking!
  • You may update the game at any point during the challenge timeframe. As long as the experience is playable and follow the guidelines, it should be good to go!

Thanks!

2 Likes