Roblox Inspire 2024

Even we, ourselves paused our works to participate in the gamejam assuming we get the theme today and have to work till 9th, but instead we got hit with the news that gamejam starting on 10th of august and instead of 5 days time period we have 72 hours.

3 Likes

Hello everyone! I am gathering a team together to hopefully win this game jam! **
Our game is a Urban exploration horror game.

We are currently looking for

Scripters
Animators
UI Designers
VFX Designers
SFX Artists

Please contact me via messaging on the dev forum if you are interested!

2 Likes

WAIT we only have 3 days for this!?

3 Likes

Yes, we only have 3 days to think of an idea and turn it into a game.

3 Likes

Hi, i am an experienced builder, my team doesn’t want to attend in this event, so if you are looking for someone like me, i’ll be great to join you team if you are serious about your project!

6 Likes

WHAT you telling me they just dropped this bombshell on use today and expect us to have a good game in 3 days thats just terrible

2 Likes

Not to mention, it’s themed. So no matter what idea’s one would have. it’s null and void if it doesn’t fit the criteria. that’s why its good to have a good to have a person who can generate good ideas on the spot.

3 Likes

Yep. they couldn’t have just done it normally like they did the last 2 times and told us the dates when they announced the event as a whole.
The dates for this one were all awkward. The fact that it said " Join us globally Aug 5th to 9th and sign up here"
Then stated more details would be announced in the opening ceremony. you would assume it would be the game theme and restrictions…

3 Likes

How else they suppose to get people to watch the livestream?

3 Likes

Programmer looking for a team, I just saw this event.

2 Likes

The theme hasn’t been announced yet.

5 Likes

Game Jam’s are already hard enough to produce a good product for even seasoned developers, now with this announcement we only have 5 days to prepare? Organize schedules? Balance work and obligations? What were you guys thinking? Even if you were transparent about it the uncertainty of the start date for a game jam makes no sense at all.

8 Likes

This is gonna be amazing, can’t wait to see what developers create.

2 Likes

LOOKING 4 TEAM… HAVE NO SKILLS 2 OFFER… will not contribute… PUT MY NAME ON IT

4 Likes

I’m really happy someone brought this up. They should have announced the game jam dates back when they announced Inspire 2024.

7 Likes

@joodles03

The time is confusing, it’s not matching with the Creator Hub times

2 Likes

I really enjoyed the live event and learned a lot from it.

7 Likes

I really liked the Q and A part of the stream. It’s 12am and I should be asleep because I gotta wake up at 6am… but it was worth it.

5 Likes

I excited to see what’s in store!

1 Like

Hey looking for team members! I’m mainly a scripter, I am very familier with modules, oop and functional programming, but I can also do modeling, little bit of composing and I can also do animation pretty descently.

I’m from japan so I would like someone who is in similar time zones(JST) so that we can comunicate well.

Currently I don’t have any other team members

3 Likes