Roblox is coming to Meta Quest!

What specifically do you take issue with? We have systems in place on this forum to advocate for things. Additionally, there are various teams at Roblox working on various things.

If there’s genuinely something to be improved, I’d love to hear it. I could refer you to a feature request or something, but you’ve gotta be more specific.

21 Likes

hell yeah! great work y’all! <33

15 Likes

I thought Meta Quest was just Oculus Quest but the name changed, isn’t roblox already availible on the Quest?

Anyways, this is still really cool! I’ve always wanted to make vr games and this new update makes it a lot easier. Will we be able to test our games without needing a vr?

17 Likes

This is very big news and will be great for VR games! I’m hoping games like VR Hands and Opposer VR get a lot more players as this is a big boost.

18 Likes

I hear this a ton, but yet as someone who has been on this platform for over a decade already, I’ve yet to see meaningful change for a ton of neglected sides of the platform.

-Moderation
-Communication/Transparency with Devs
-DevEx
-Customer Service

These are all wildly forgotten and neglected sides of ROBLOX that people seem to take for granted. You aren’t allowed to discuss any actions done by moderation on this forum as it’s against their Terms of Use, any / all discussions with Customer Service renders your conversation being voided or just not listened to, there is little to NO communication with developers when implementing major changes or removing features from the platform, and DevEx as a whole is getting less and less valuable for developers.

We’re seeing more and more companies take this route with their Public Relations and it’s quite sickening, because no one sees it as a problem until it happens to them personally.

So when I’m told that ROBLOX is a big company with thousands of employee’s, and they release updates for stuff no one is asking for and is neglecting the features/fixes the community have been begging to get for years? It leaves a sour taste in your mouth.

I’m would like to speak with you more about this however, because it seems that a lot of these foundational problems escape the newer generation of ROBLOX. These problems need to voiced and understood.

17 Likes

I’ve personally been waiting for 2 years for this to happen as I didn’t have a powerful enough PC to run VR until recently.

13 Likes

And that’s great, I’m glad that you’re getting a feature you want. The point I’m making though, is that the people begging for more VR support isn’t the majority. And the fact that ROBLOX is spending valuable R&D time and money to support a feature that isn’t the majority just for the sake of doing so, doesn’t make this platform better. It’s avoiding the core issues that are still plaguing this platform today.

They’re trying to better the symptoms, not the cause.

14 Likes

This is amazing now roblox games can become more emmersive into the gaming universe and also this will be amazing for players!!

18 Likes

Nexus VR Character Model maintainer here - it shouldn’t. While it can help with immersion in some games, it is less compatible with what Roblox has. My hope is Roblox will eventually make it obsolete, but using my code without improvements is not a good idea.

15 Likes

Yeah this was totally the right move. With VR slowly dying, it was definitely better to put Roblox on the Meta Quest and not the Switch or PS5!

12 Likes

You can play Roblox on the Quest via PCVR (connecting your headset to your computer), but Roblox didn’t have a native standalone app you can install directly to the Meta Quest until now

14 Likes

playstation next please

15 Likes

VR as a platform is quite unique and the best way to test VR compatibility is to test within a VR headset. If you are using default playerscripts, your game will support all platforms including VR, console, etc.

10 Likes

Roblox is doing huge steps lately in trying to make Roblox accessible for everyone. Huge congratulations to the team!

6 Likes

We plan on supporting VR going forward with better tools/systems to make amazing and immersive VR content.

23 Likes

i have been genuienly been waiting to have roblox officialy on meta quest, and now it is. i cant wait to FINALLY play vr supported games wihtout killing my desktop

8 Likes

Great update! I’ll finally be able to use mc pc when my lil brother wants to play Roblox VR, which is convenient.

Ok that’s definitely not true. I’m gonna bet that most of those experiences are starter places.

6 Likes

THANK YOU!! Are there any plans for a sort for VR-enabled games?

8 Likes

Some teams, and individuals on those teams, each have their own ability to communicate with the community. With this announcement, it’s the peps behind VR. They’ve been communicating quite a bit before this announcement, which is awesome to see.

Some don’t communicate enough imo, or seemingly not at all. There could be many reasons behind this, like an NDA or team size. It doesn’t seem to be a requirement to respond to the community, despite ‘respecting the community’ being one of Roblox’s core values. I wouldn’t want to necessarily force responses onto employees, that could make the responses feel in-authentic maybe. Well, we already have the in-authentic problem with the cookie-cutter responses. :person_shrugging:

I can give examples of certain teams at Roblox effectively communicating with the community. Or, it taking years to see responses. Or, seeing no responses at all. (moderation, cough cough.)

Moderation, Communication, and customer service are all issues I can speak on. However, I’m not too knowledgeable on DevEx. I know it’s gotten better, but I don’t doubt more can be done.

~2,500 employees apparently. ‘Trust and Safety’ is the biggest sector as well. This is based on the various interviews David, the CEO of Roblox, had like a month ago. Most interviewers kept asking about VR, I’ll share this one: Roblox CEO David Baszucki on how VR headsets and AI will change the future of gaming - YouTube

I feel like someone has to be asking, it can’t just be ‘nobody’. Even if that someone is the c-level/suite at Roblox. Each case has their own issues. Or, it seems the main issue is that certain teams at Roblox aren’t looking, or can’t, can’t say for sure.

I’m optimistic about Roblox and hope to work there. Either way, I’ll do what I can to change Roblox for the better.

11 Likes

Thank goodness! I have waited for a very prolonged time for this! Wonder what platforms are next? :eyes:

9 Likes