Roblox makes texture look low-quality

Hello! I was making accessory in studio, but somewhy roblox make the texture low-quality. The texture has 1024x1024 resolution and it looks obviously more qualitative in the original. The example of blender file you can see below:

When I imported it in roblox and made accessory, the texture of it became really low-qualited. You also can see it below:

I tried a lot of things to fix it, but all of them are unsuccessful. There is also something else. The picture you saw above is accessory weared on npc, but when I put accessory in StarterCharacterScripts it looks more qualitative. You can see it below:

Is there any way to fix it? I tried to find any solution, but didn’t find anything. I also noticed that some roblox accessories have the same problem with texture. For example this accessory has problem with texture when you import it in studio. You can see it below:

10 Likes

I only notice the degradation during certain sessions of gameplay. I am not too sure what causes this, but it might have something to do with performance. Otherwise, it might be a bug(which is highly unlikely) unless I was informed it was intentional.

High-quality images actually cost a beefy amount of memory if you have multiple ones.

5 Likes

Have you gone to studio settings and set quality level and edit quality level both to max? If not then I think it has to be that roblox is lowering the quality when you upload the texture to make it more performant.

3 Likes

Yeah, I tried that. It didn’t work too sadly

1 Like

For the face issue, I see you’re using R6 for the NPC and R15 for the player. R6 greatly condenses textures into its texture sheet while R15’s texture sheet is a lot bigger. Why are composite textures so low-res? - #2 by TheGamer101

Accessories support an image size of 256x256 I believe, so starting at 512x at most would make your texture less fuzzy than starting at 1024x (and Roblox reducing it to 256x). Really though, you should start with 256x when making textures for accessories, or 512x if your details are not too defined and noisy that scaling them down wouldn’t cause visual differences

7 Likes

To add onto this, the eg accessory’s face you mentioned is relatively small on the texture itself, so putting it into an R6 character makes it even smaller!

4 Likes

Thank you so much! I couldn’t even imagine it can happen just because of avatar type.

2 Likes