Roblox & Microsoft Azure PlayFab News

Considering that there is a partnership, I would assume Roblox could get discounted rates so that they could provide it to most or maybe even all developers on the platform.

There is still a base price they would have to pay for it. Even if Microsoft was so kindhearted that they gave them an offer to only pay for hardware maintenance and leaving earning aside, it would be too expensive for them. The issue is that everyone will want to use it, even if their games are so small they don’t actually need to track anything.

I like this idea, and can’t wait to hear more about this later this summer. :smile:

Roblox has a million bots, not a million developers. Half the devs on roblox are likely under the age of 21, aren’t in the devforum, will likely quit because they can’t script and don’t want to learn how to, aren’t trying to develop games that would need Playfab. I see this every day and doubt this will have a huge expensive impact as suggested. lol. but ok. you’re right because you say so! I’m asking for access, they’re not. There’s a difference. P.S. Thanks for your reply. I appreciate your feedback.

Thank you for your “You are right because you say so” reply. But whatever.

The issue is quite simple: Microsoft can offer them a portion of their service, which I believe is already the case, but there is also an issue with that. It decreases general usage on a hardware level, but not networking.

3 Likes

Since this is available to top developers only, how would one be considered a top developer? Judged by contribution, game reputation or…?

Is this going to be only available to top developers forever? Or is the restriction a trial run before pushing it out to others?

2 Likes

Likely Top 250 developers, as with the Featured sort.

Actually, it encompasses a fair amount of developers - the top developer program is basically anyone who has a large(ish) game to maintain.

In this particular case I think it’s top 1000.

2 Likes

The monthly stats shows I’m in the top 1000 games if I’m reading it correctly yet I’ve gotten no news on this from staff.

1 Like

Nor have I - I guess it’s done in waves as well.

The monthly stats shows I’m in the top 250 games if I’m reading it correctly and I’ve also yet to receive any news on this from staff. I think it’s safe to assume this program is only for the top-top games, like the top 10?

1 Like

It is Top 100 developers. But they plan on expanding it to a larger group*?*
Source: RDC Talk

1 Like

Anyone can make a free PlayFab account.

1. Can we use that free PlayFab account with the AnalyticsService
  2. What’s the benefit of this partnership vs. the free version? Does this one have paid features?
1 Like

Makes me wonder if those top 100 would lose their access to advanced analytics if their game was to suddenly lose their position in said top 100.

Doubt it. Beta rollout normally stays in order to not be disruptive.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.