Roblox Moderates Copyright Free Music

I have had over 10 completely copyright free songs deleted for “Content Against Community Standards” even though they are all songs OTHER ROBLOX EXPERIENCES USE.

Roblox clearly doesn’t care for smaller developers and does not even give them the chance to grow.

If anyone has any workarounds to this PLEASE let me know I have been having to deal with this for almost a year and its driving me insane.

Edit:

Its literally copyright free I did some more research on their official website.

From my knowledge not all incompetech music is non-copyright. I recommend checking again

1 Like

Its not just this.

I have tons more if you want them.

1 Like

Also btw the song I just tried uploading is the same song Lumber Tycoon 2 uses in its main shop.

I have tried to upload copyright free music for a game jam, the music was content deleted and Roblox did nothing when I contacted them.

1 Like

Hi! So the reason for roblox’s takedown, is because you do not “own” the music!
As bizarre as it sounds, under Roblox’s Terms of Use → Creator Terms → Music on Roblox → section B it states that you need to have the ownership to the music, and while copyright free, the terms of use state “Music written/owned” by the creator, and copyright free unfortunately does not give you the complete rights to the music piece, which is why the takedown may have occurred.

I suggest taking a look at the terms of use to double check if you’ve met the criteria. For me, whenever I use music, I would either make my own, or purchase the licenses, and ownership of music from a composer. Good luck!

Then why have about 40 of my other copyright free music uploads worked? It makes no sense why some songs don’t get taken down while others do. I have even uploaded some songs from the same creator where a few get taken down while others don’t.

Could be that the roblox moderating individuals in charge of the other music uploads believe otherwise. Happens pretty often sadly, best you could do is submit a report, and talk about it, but hey, we all know how long that takes… :pensive: .

1 Like

I have submitted reports 3 times and every time I get a copy and paste message saying stuff like “We know it is upsetting to have your account moderated even if it seems unfair” like wth they can’t even try and make it related on the topic at least make your copy and pastes about my report.

Unfortunately, it happens. I tried to appeal a song that is CC licensed (which I properly credited with no modifications) but they won’t listen either. The auto-moderation is wacky, so there’s not much you can do about it.