Roblox needs to take away tags for searching users

Edit: Moved it to forum features

I was trying to search some players name to confirm something with him but when I tried, the Roblox web page tagged this (this has happened to me before but I haven’t thought much about it till now) and I thought that was kinda dumb since a lot of people made their accounts with random words and letters and how am I suppose to find them if roblox tags them? If anyone has some solutions please list them and also do you think roblox should take away this annoyance to the web page?

• I also don’t think we should have to download chrome extensions just to do so, roblox should be able to provide us ways to find players without us struggling roblox needs to make it convenient so we aren’t having to use extensions link changing etc just to find one single user

• To those who want to know the problem: One of the problems faced is that if someone leaves a roblox game but you needed to report them you would find their name in the last thing they said in chat and then search it right? but then roblox decides to tag the name and you never get that culprit or exploiter you were trying to find. (a similar problem):

22 Likes

I’m unsure of any actual on-site solutions to this. However, I know there are chrome extensions where if you type in a username on the search bar, users will pop up. Another alternative to this is also searching the users name on a search engine and adding “Roblox” after their username and they should be one of the top link suggestions listed.

I do agree this is starting to become an annoyance though. It has been happening to me a lot and causing a lot of inconveniences.

4 Likes

Yeah I dont wanna use chrome extensions remember the one that had the ability to search players and then ended up breaking into peoples accounts getting a lot of people hacked im pretty sure Kreek craft had a vid on it

Edit: I dont use chrome either

1 Like

Haven’t heard of that, I’ll definitely check it out! I personally do not use chrome extensions myself as I don’t actually use Google Chrome as a browser.

Other solutions to your issues may be Discord bots such as bloxlink where you can use /getinfo and type in the users name. It will provide a link for you to follow.

1 Like

If you know the full name you can use

https://www.roblox.com/users/profile?username=Nylanesa

Replacing the last text with the User’s name

6 Likes

I tried it, all I got was a 404 error and it was the right username

Edit: nvm it worked the equal sign got deleted lol
I still think roblox should delete the tags tho it would be more convenient to do so

3 Likes

The extension was also breaking ToS of roblox, so it was basically an exploit. There are trusted extensions which you would be safe if used. Here’s what I know is safe:

• RoPro
  • Roblox+
  • BTRoblox
  • RoSeal (not too known yet)
  • RoValk (got into drama because it’s free. these are all free.)

The creator roadmap shows improves to the search engine, so maybe this will apply to searching for users?

6 Likes

There are tons of other extensions that are actually safe, like the ones bluebxrry listed.
Also, I highly recommend you use basically any chromium browser. They have so much capability that safari doesn’t have

I know but that’s not the issue the issue is that we shouldn’t have to do all this just to find someone on roblox?

3 Likes

Oh of course. I’ve run into this issue before and it just confuses me… why does that text need to be filtered? Even if it was intentional, it says on the doc page for filtering that text only shown to the user entering it doesn’t need to be filtered.

3 Likes

I agree. People with bypassed names on their alts can ruin an experience for other players, and if said experience has a reporting system on Discord or some other social networking site, users will have a hard time finding the profile link to report the alt.

Edit: you can run this in the command bar to get links from usernames.

local altName = "badword"
print("https://www.roblox.com/users/" .. game:GetService("Players"):GetUserIdFromNameAsync(altName) .. "/profile")
1 Like

Yeah I’ve never really understood why they have the filtering system for that. The person searching the content is the only one that would be seeing it, so there’s realistically no risk of random users being exposed to such content. Plus inappropriate content as usernames in theory shouldn’t exist on the platform in the first place so results should result in nothing or something unrelated to what was searched for. I’ve had some cases where someone’s username is completely appropriate but get filtered when I try searching for them, its annoying.

1 Like

I have this issue when I welcome users to my group. It’s like Ty for joining ##########. I don’t understand why Roblox is inconsistent on this. How are these names even created to begin with if they trigger the filter?

2 Likes

If it tags the whole of their username, try shortening their username until it’s not being tagged anymore. Only downside to this, is that you have to look through a bigger list of players and it is not guaranteed that this will work every time.

im now only on devforums ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ok so this is stupid, they filtered “quackity”, yet people can make new accounts with “quackity”

1 Like

That’s not what this post is about. It’s about searching for users, and the search query is filtered before actually searching it.

1 Like

Roblox needs to get rid of tags in general (only for older users that are 13+ years of age).

Tags sometimes pop up for username searches that aren’t even inappropriate, it’s very annoying. The same thing happens when you’re talking in a game, and it just randomly tags what you say even though it’s not inappropriate.

1 Like

Letting people freely curse is a recipe for disaster.

2 Likes

I agree

When you try to say something like “my whole day was great” it will tag whole? like bro what?

People 13 plus should know how to control themselves