Roblox Paint Tool Replacing Feature not removing ice on the top

I am currently encountering an issue while utilizing the Roblox Studio replacement tool for my game. While attempting to remove the ice terrain from my game map, I’ve encountered an weird behavior. The tool appears to be partially effective, as it successfully removes the ice below the surface level but fails to remove the uppermost layer of the ice.

Despite using the paint tool, it seems to ignore the top surface of the ice, resulting in the replacement action affecting the ice only below the surface level, converting it into water.

1 Like

Could you use the Replace brush tool as a workaround?

Maybe just a Studio glitch?
Try saving, closing, and reopening Studio.

What happens if you use a different Material to replace the Ice with instead of Water?

Is the top material Ice or is it Snow? Try replacing Snow with Water.

@0Tenth they do have the Replace tool selected. Otherwise everything would be painted as Water.

1 Like

This is the replace tool, it hasn’t really worked well since they implemented it into the paint tool.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve tried this, it doesnt even get removed when i used “CLear Terrain”, its like its permanently staying there.

I’m reaching out to the engineers! Thanks for the report :slight_smile:

1 Like

I believe this issue may be related to this bug which we are currently in the process of fixing: Cannot paint terrain near Shorelines water in Jailbreak

I’ll respond here once we flip related flags, so we can see if that closes out the issue or if further investigation is needed. Thanks for the report!

2 Likes

Thank you! Sound goods and you are welcome.

Hi, Valence. Thank you for starting an investigation on this. If there are any other information you need relating to this bug, I would be happy to provide some.

We’re still working through some of the issues with the new Beta, but I believe it should fix your issue: Terrain Editor Update [Beta]

Let me know if that works for you.

Just wanted to follow up on this again to see if the beta works for you!

1 Like

Hey! Yes, it works fine now! I can freely remove the water without any problems. However, I do experiences some weird issue with the replace feature still.

Ah, what are the other issues you are experiencing?

This problem also recently started to happen to me in Roblox Studio. For some odd reason, it wont let me replace water voxels with air, or any other material for that matter.

It only occurs when it’s water you’re replacing with another material. Vice-versa, it works just fine.

The issue has nought to do with the new Beta, as I tried both with it enabled & disabled.

Alright, I’ve merged a fix that should be in next week’s release for the old Terrain Editor since thats what you’re using here. Also, are you saying this issue happens both in the Beta and without the Beta?

1 Like

Yes, that is correct! ThirtyCharacters.

This is still broken. Any news?

I ended up finding another issue with the paint tool that I fixed today (replacing a material with water is still broken). I hope to turn on the intermediary fix tomorrow. This is for the old terrain editor.

I’ve not been able to reproduce this issue in the new Terrain Editor.