Roblox Place not opening in studio

Can confirm this has been occurring for almost 3 days on my end. Some places open while others, not. Luckily with Rojo I have all code kept on my system+github but my assets are currently locked away.

4 Likes

Yes thankfully for myself I stopped entrusting my code to Studio and I use Rojo as well.

I have in the past experienced long load time to studio to the point where I leave it open all night just because I can never be sure if I will get back in! I made the mistake to close it last night.

1 Like

I’ve been encountering this problem for two days now except I am not using Team Create at all (This being the second day), I tried opening another game in studio from a local file and it worked fine but this one doesn’t want to open.
I tried opening the same game from a local file but I got the same issue, I also tried opening an older backup of the game from 02/03/2021 and the issue is happening on that file too.

I’ve disabled some of the latest Beta features to try and fix the issue thinking it was one of them, but that didn’t help.

Currently still not working as of 31/03/2021, 23:11 GMT + 1

Hello, first post on the forums, I’ve been having this problem since yesterday and was experimenting and I found a potential cause. I was using Packages in my project, and one of my packages began causing an infinite loading screen whenever I tried opening it in a different place afterwards. The original place which ceased to function that I was trying to get into had this Package in it, so it might be a problem with Packages. I dunno if it really is that, but it’s just something I found. It had not stalled like this due to the packages before the update, and my other project that uses packages does not seem to crash, so I’m still somewhat confused. It is a Team Create project.

Edit: The Package was a model holding only scripts and a singular primary part. (I didn’t think about Folders when I first created it.)

Edit 2: I tried opening a previous version locally and it still was stuck on permanent loading like the screenshots above.

Edit 3: I tried opening the package on a baseplate and it caused me to crash.

1 Like

This has been happening over the last few hours for me. Now, it appears that studio opens but nearly all our places show up as “BrokenResource”, so I am unable to open any other place linked to our game universe.

It is a Team Create game, and happening for other members in the Team Create as well.

There are only a few that do not show up as “BrokenResource”:

2 Likes

I think this could be it, I started using packages in my project yesterday, and now today I have this problem.

1 Like

I do not use packages. I did not make any substantial changes to my game configuration other than updating my code when this problem arose.

Feeling bummed about the lack of response from Roblox, a whole day lost now and no end in sight? Will I be working tomorrow or not?

Yeahh, it’s unfortunate. An employee did respond in this thread saying they’re looking at it so hopefully we’ll get it resolved soon. I’m just working in another place in the meantime.

1 Like

Wish I could, without any way to test my code I dont see much reason to to open another place.

Same here, my development as gone to a full stop. The only factors I can think of is when I downloaded a Roblox Studio file (virus free.)

Maybe it’s because of this cause.

If it’s any consolation, I don’t think you’ll lose any work. I just tried my game in play mode and it works just fine, I doubt it’s corruption or anything like that, probably just a bug in studio.

This is the same issue I have. I downloaded a file for Roblox Studio and few hours later came to a “forever loop” loading screen.

1 Like

Hi all,
Status update. There may be a few different issues being conflated in this thread, but we think we have a handle on the main one. We will be rolling out some attempted fixes in the near future.
In the mean time, if you want to enable the Asset Manager Beta feature, this should alleviate a lot of these issues.

1 Like

I’ve already disabled the asset manager before my game gets this issue, so I’d like more investigations; otherwise, people is going to get demotivated and lose all their hard working progress.

Hey xaioro,
as far as I’m aware there should be no data loss associated with these issues. People are unable to open their games properly, but no game data is being lost.
And the suggestion is to enable the beta feature, not disable.

3 Likes

The open place issue ( reported by @10_MinuteAdRevenue) and asset cannot be loaded in Game Explorer issue ( reported by @Ice7) should be resolved now. Please let us know if it still happens to you after restarting Studio. Thanks for reporting!

3 Likes

Can confirm this is also happening with my and my team.

Yes, the explorer and properties are able to load. But the game itself turns white and when I switch to another window it becomes black. This is not only happening to my team crates, but all my games. Including the Roblox templates.

My apologies; I have read this wrong. Though I like the asset manager, except I use the badge service a lot, it doesn’t have what I’ve seen when I enabled it, and I’m sorry again about spoking something non-related to this main post topic.

1 Like