Roblox Player on Linux, kind of

Prerequisites

Some Helpful Info

I DID NOT MAKE ANBOX. This is more of a way to help people find alternatives to VMs. If you are interested more in Anbox, click me for their website link.

I’m using Manjaro Linux, but this should work on most distros as long as you follow this guide.

You’ll still need Grapejuice if you want Roblox Studio.

This is the mobile version of Roblox. It’s not perfect, but it’s better then nothing. Worst case scenario it doesn’t work, best case scenario you’ve found a nice workaround until Roblox hopefully adds native Linux support.

If you receive an error when installing Roblox with ADB that’s along the lines of Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_NO_MATCHING_ABIS: Failed to extract native libraries you can follow this guide which goes over enabling ARM support and installing the Google Play Store.

Anbox isn’t an emulator, so it should be relatively fast.

If you don’t like snapd or snapd doesn’t work for you, follow this guide. Keep in mind the only official way to install Anbox is with snapd, so treat this as more of a last resort.

Installation

Ubuntu/Debian/Pop!_OS

Step 1

Open the terminal, and type the commands:

sudo apt upgrade
sudo apt update
snap install --devmode --beta anbox

If the last command doesn’t work, run with sudo

This might take a while.

Step 2

For this step, we're going to need to grab an APK of Roblox Player. For this, we will use this website. Paste the Google Play Store link to Roblox in the textbox, and press generate. When it's done, download the APK. Head back to the terminal. Make sure you're in the directory with the APK, and enter the following:

Anbox should be open while you run this!

adb install my-app.apk

Arch/Manjaro

Step 1

Open the terminal, and type the commands:

sudo pacman -Syu
snap install --devmode --beta anbox
If it asks for your password, enter it.

This might take a while.

Step 2

For this step, we're going to need to grab an APK of Roblox Player. For this, we will use this website. Paste the Google Play Store link to Roblox in the textbox, and press generate. When it's done, download the APK. Head back to the terminal. Make sure you're in the directory with the APK, and enter the following:

Anbox should be open while you run this!

adb install my-app.apk

4 Likes

Would this act kinda normal or would the support be as good as plugging a keyboard and mouse into a tablet, poor.

No idea, but I’d assume it’d be normal but it should run better then a tablet since it’s not an emulator, like bluestacks

1 Like

No, I was saying directly plugging a keyboard and mouse into a tablet is like using Anbox so I would assume this would not act well because of how badly android apps support keyboard and mouse inputs so I was wondering if this would act like the normal roblox player or what I just described

I mean it’s better then nothing, probably more like inbetween tablet and normal though

1 Like

I just tested it since I posted those at night. Instructions do not work for me.

adb: failed to install /home/myname/Downloads/com.roblox.client_946_apps.evozi.com.apk: Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_NO_MATCHING_ABIS: Failed to extract native libraries, res=-113]

I installed the APK I got from that website you linked.
I am running Kubuntu 20.04 LTS as a primary OS in a dualboot

1 Like

They do not. Those are for building android apps, not running android apps.

1 Like