Roblox Player & Studio won't install

1 hour ago, I started getting the following error when attempting to run my Roblox Player:

So in an attempt to fix this issue, I uninstalled the Roblox Player, and Roblox Studio, then went to clear my local app data, and Roblox registry data using the Registry Editor, then went to restart my PC. (Windows 10, 64bit)

After that, I went back to download the Roblox Player, and Roblox Studio:

After installing and attempting to run both .exe’s (not at the same time), the installer screen would pop up and say installing (for both the Roblox Player, and Studio installer), and when it finished installing, it would just close and nothing would actually be installed.

I have tried all the possible solutions that I know of (Such as turning off my antivirus then retrying, closing all the apps then retrying, running both installers as an administrator then retrying), and I have tried searching for a fix online (but nobody seems to have both problems at the same time), and nothing works. Please help.

21 Likes

I also had this issue yesterday. Are you sure that you have deleted every instance of roblox? This also includes the "Roblox Player For ‘Username’ "

3 Likes

Yes, I am 100% sure that I have deleted every possible instance of Roblox Player and Studio from my PC. I forgot to mention after the installer completes installing and closes, it returns no error, and nothing is actually installed (as I already said).

3 Likes

Have you maybe tried searching for the Roblox Player in the Windows Search? Or have you tried downloading the Roblox App from the Windows Store?

3 Likes

Searching for ‘Roblox’ in the windows search just returns the ‘RobloxPlayerInstaller.exe’ and ‘RobloxStudioInstaller.exe’

Downloading the Roblox app from the Windows Store works, the only issue is that I can no longer join games from the website (This is a very big issue for me because I manage multiple accounts in different browsers, and whenever I would need to join a game through one of them I would just switch browsers and join trough the website, to avoid the need of logging in and out between accounts)

For Roblox Studio - It still doesn’t work.

3 Likes

So, I watched this video and it worked, so there’s a chance that it may work for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROSxdxmjVY8

3 Likes

I have already found and watched the video you linked, in the video the guy says to try uninstalling the Roblox Player (which I did with Studio aswell) and then try to install it back.

I have read the comments in the video and somebody said that running the player as an administrator helps, but how do I run the player if the player doesn’t even want to install in the first place?

3 Likes

Maybe try running the Installer as administrator? I don’t really know.

4 Likes

As I said in the original post, I have already tried to do this, and it doesn’t work. Thank you for trying to help me though, I appreciate it!

2 Likes

I know this sounds very very dumb, but have you tried restarting your pc?

4 Likes

Yes, I have restarted it 3 times so far.

3 Likes

I have no idea what the problem is, if I were you I would probably wait till tomorrow or something.

3 Likes

The problem is that the installer basically does nothing. I hope somebody else can help me by then or that Roblox fixes it if it’s their issue.

3 Likes

Try uninstalling the installer and downloading it from Roblox Download I don’t know if this will do an impact on anything but still try it.

3 Likes

Okay, I’ve sorta did a little digging around the files to see something interesting would happen. When you try installing the client, does it give you roblox studio in the start menu?

3 Likes

Download roblox studio using Roblox Studio Mod Manager so you can set the channel you download from!

2 Likes

No, nothing happens at all. Like literally nothing. The .exe runs for a few seconds and when it’s done, it closes, and after that, nothing happens / gets installed.

3 Likes

Tried and it still didn’t work.

2 Likes

What’s strange is that it doesn’t give you roblox studio in your start menu, cause I just went to that file’s folder and scanned the versions, which allowed me to properly install the roblox client.

If you can find a way to get to that folder then just repeat the steps I have listed.

15 Likes

Thanks a lot, turns out that whenever I ran the installer, it created a new folder inside my local app data, but didn’t add anything to my start menu or recently added section in windows. Inside this folder called ‘Roblox’, then ‘Versions’, there’s the ‘RobloxPlayerLauncher.exe’ which allowed me to reinstall roblox when ran. Thank you a lot!

12 Likes