Roblox player will not launch the game

What’s Happening?
Upon launching the Roblox Client in any way, the roblox client will proceed to load for 10 - 15 seconds, and then close, without the game window launching.

When did it happen?
After an update on June 14th, was fixed by another on the 15th, and then an update on the 16th broke it again. As of July 12th, another update occurred, and it fixed nothing.

How have i tried to fix it?
I have tried: Clearing the roblox cache, Clearing the Thumbnail cache, Clearing my Temp files, Reinstalling multiple times, Restarting and updating my pc multiple times, and the roblox client even updated but it still won’t work.

Reproduction steps:
1: Attempt to make the roblox client load in any way (through website, opening the desktop app, through file explorer, nothing works)

Notes: This one is old, I have a new topic with a crash dump at Roblox Player Not Launching the Game
(sorry for making another report to bug-support, didnt realize it would get turned into a topic)

Log/dump files were attached to the internal ticket by a Roblox Staff (@Focia19), due to the sensitive information they may contain, will not be shared publicly!

7 Likes

This same exact issue happened to a friend recently, apparently running the application in compatibility mode fixed the problem. (It was in “Windows 7 Service Pack 2” if I remember correctly)

2 Likes

not sure if it would work, im on windows 10

1 Like

update: roblox updated today, nothing has changed

1 Like

What do you have open in your system tray when roblox is loading and failing to open?

1 Like

The strangest part is how there is no error message
Through the windows eventviewer I can confirm that it is in fact an error of some sort, as eventviewer lists it as “application error”
Though no crash dumps are being generated which makes it quite difficult to send information about this issue

1 Like

microsoft edge search bar, bluetooth devices, intel hd graphics, lenovo solution center, dolby digital plus

Try closing the last two and ensuring they are still closed when roblox tries to open. If it still fails, you can turn those back on!

turning off dolby digital didn’t do anything, i’m not sure how to disable lenovo solution center and i dont think it’s impacting roblox

anyone know anything? still happening to me right now

My only solution is to use the Microsoft version or now.gg, because it’s close enough until Roblox Game Client works again

Yep, that’s what i’ve been doing

1 Like

Update: Still not working, computer has updated multiple times

See if Roblox gives you an error like this:

If yes, then click OK. Then Roblox will create a memory dump of the client and it will be inserted on your clipboard where you have to press CTRL V on your desktop. The file name will start with HYP and go with random letters and the file format will be in .tmp format

I believe he has the issue sinilar to that of the one listed here: Roblox player silently closes with no error message, studio unaffected
In which case there is no error message.

1 Like

Sadly not getting this, roblox just silently closes after around 15 seconds and doesn’t open. I’m not even getting any crash dumps either, i’ve used a command to look for all .dmp files on my computer and only 2 exist, both non-roblox related.

Any update on this? Is the issue still happening?

Yep. I’ve made a new report to bug-support, with a crash dump. Just waiting on an answer now.

Roblox staff member made my new bug report into a topic, if a mod wants to delete this one i dont care

The roblox app works now, thank you if you tried to help me.