Roblox Player Will Not Launch

The issue is now also accuring with opening studio.

6 Likes

This is happening for all experiences, in my case, private or public. The game will either crash upon loading or leave a black screen with audio still on until I try closing VR.

Again, no idea why QA wasn’t here for this update in the slightest.

5 Likes

To clarify, I’m not specifically referring to private servers. I am referring to joining public servers via the server tab. Does the issue still happen to you even when you click the play button?

3 Likes

Yes, same issue, thank you for reminding me.

4 Likes

Looks like Roblox rotted their servers again… :joy:

3 Likes

I see, didn’t even notice that was part of the issue.

The launcher hanging and closing occurs when I’m accessing the private server through a link or clicking the play button from that private server link, as well.

The client crash and VR opening issue happens when I’m clicking the play button on any public experience. Can’t play any ROBLOX experience until this is fixed, now, although before 4-5pm EST I was playing perfectly fine.

2 Likes

I see. I’ll update the post to reflect this.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I am one of the unfortunate people who cannot join any experience in any capacity right now, tried everything everyone’s said and nothing works. Sure hope it’s resolved soon, I can’t even playtest my own game outside of Studio because of this now. :sob:

8 Likes

Same thing here, i can’t play at all.

2 Likes

Same here for multiple people in my game’s servers, alongside some friends who aren’t able to play. I’m not affected however quite a large handful are affected from what I’m able to see.

3 Likes

I was able to play earlier today but now I’m receiving this error anytime I launch.

2 Likes

I can confirm that pressing the green “Play” button on any game works as normal, however clicking the, “Join” button on any game server, public or private, listed under the experience results in the Roblox application launching for about 5 seconds and subsequently closing itself without any further error information.

5 Likes

:warning: Players are unable to join VIP Servers, I tested myself and I cannot even play on them on any game in Roblox.

2 Likes

I have this same exact issue, and I have been looking for a solution. I have wiped my entire disk of any roblox files, I have rebooted my PC several times, updated drivers, check firewall permissions, and reinstalled roblox. Nothing works, and I’m waiting for a solution. By the way, this issue applies for Roblox Studio as well, and launching Roblox Studio was when I first encountered the issue.

To furthermore clarify, I can not launch roblox AT ALL in ANY WAY. There are no error messages, all that happens is that roblox starts launching for a few seconds, immediately disappears. Upon inspecting the task manager, I find that the process is running in the background using ~40% of my CPU and memory (this never happens). Very strange behavior, hope this gets fixed soon.

7 Likes

I keep getting error code 403 whilst trying to start up Roblox as of the recent update.

1 Like

Is this fixed for you? It’s also happening to me

1 Like

This is also happening to me. Cannot open private servers nor can I join games on the website, but on the launcher itself works. Because of this I cannot access private servers unless I own them or have access to them (via friends joining on or ive been whitelisted on it).

2 Likes

This exact issue is happening to someone I know. Their client launches, stays black for a few seconds, then closes. They attempted uninstalling their client and restarting their computer, which did not help. This is an issue with the newest update.
If it’s any worth, I am on an ASUS laptop and able to open the client just fine. They are on a Lenovo and unable to launch their client. We are both on Windows 10 Home Edition, Version 22H2.

2 Likes

This randomly fixed itself. Don’t know how but it did lol

2 Likes