Roblox Player Will Not Launch

Can’t launch as well.

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 at 3.4GHz
RAM: 32 GB of Samsung DDR3 1600 RAM
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Windows 11 22H2 build 22621.2070 (obviously 64-bit) (Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22659.1000.0)
Windows install date: June 3 2023

Only running Microsoft services and NVIDIA LocalSystem and Display Container LS

Same issue even after disabling hook in Rivatuner and closing Discord app.

Error dump download: HYPEBFE.tmp - Google Drive

изображение

BRUH do something about this already, roblox

3 Likes

Hello Bitdancer, they have been sent here! https://devforum.roblox.com/t/re-re-roblox-not-working-at-all-on-windows/2494767

And @Bobytoeburrito, I dont have MSI Afterburner and/or RTSS, but thank you for the help!

1 Like

Any updates to this? I have a clean install of windows 11 and ROBLOX doesn’t launch despite not having MSI Afterburner and RTSS installed?!

2 Likes

Is this going to be fixed soon? I’m kind of tired of having my GPU run at insanely high temperatures because the fan profile is screwed without MSI Afterburner opened.

Hello ComeonNoob,

In your particular case, the boot integrity cannot be verified. This could be due to driver signature enforcement being disabled or secure boot not being enabled.

1 Like

Hello OwO,

In your case, a Virtual Machine was detected. Currently, execution in a VM is disallowed. If you did not execute the client in a VM, then it is possible that there are some issues with virtualization. In that case, disable virtualization in the BIOS of your machine.

4 Likes

I did not execute the roblox client in a VM so i’ll probably do what you said
i will first try to remove the virtualization feature in windows/delete any virtual machine software

1 Like

Hello, i’ve found what caused the false detection upon my system after 30+ minutes of analyzing, WINDOWS DEVICE GUARD! (aka VBS)

A list of known causes has been adding to the post. For users who have come here looking for solutions, please refer to the Known Causes section. If you know of other causes, please reply to this message, and I will add it to the post.

1 Like

Windows VBS (Memory intergrity) if enabled and restarted the computer will cause roblox to think the system is a VM

i can launch roblox with msi afterburner no issue however if i try RTSS it will obviously not work as you said

1 Like

There’s no issue with leaving MSI Afterburner open - it’s just RTSS that causes an issue.

You can fix this by going into RTSS, selecting Global under your application profiles and set the application detection level to none, thus stopping RTSS from hooking into roblox.

Note: This disables RTSS system-wide, and can be re-enabled using the same steps but by changing the application detection level to low, medium or high when playing other games.

you could also just blacklist roblox from the profiler so that it still works on other games

Hello OwO,

I’m glad everything works for you now. This is clearly a false positive, and we are going to look into it. Thank you for all your patience, help, and persistence

2 Likes

Oh, then I may have forgot to restart after booting on this mode. I do have secure boot enabled.

I doubt that it’s been addressed, but this was breaking every time they updated the client because the installed files are installed under new directories after each update:
%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Roblox\Versions\Version-(various numbers)

It’d be great if they could keep the install in the same sub directory so RTSS doesn’t break every week (this is the bit where you come in, roblox staff)

My post was pretty much a quick solution that’ll work to get people back into the game regardless of their technical knowledge / skill, but that’s also a viable option.

2 Likes

You can enable Microsoft Detours API hooking in RTSS settings to permanently fix Roblox from detecting it.

3 Likes

The issue seems to be resolved. If anyone is still experiencing this issue and is not also running exploits, please respond to this message before replies for this post automatically closes.

I am still having this annoying error.I reinstalled multiple times,restart computer but no roblox player launch 1 times on 20-30…

1 Like

@Bitdancer At minimum, I and @fouroul94 are still experiencing this issue. Personally, I run into the player not launching approximately every 1/20 tries. If beneficial, I would be happy to enable some FFlags to aid in debugging the issue.

1 Like

I am still having this issue although I tried everything, I even formatted my entire PC today and it still doesn’t work. Whenever I install Roblox and hit the play/join button nothing happens, the Roblox Player never starts or anything. It doesn’t give me any errors either.