Roblox Player Will Not Launch

I have a fresh install of windows with no apps that could interfere with roblox

1 Like

Just started happening to me today. Desktop app not affected, Launcher is.

Some error screenshots:

Also studio:

I’m having the same problem again… Before, closing RTSS and MSI Afterburner worked. Now, even with those closed, Roblox won’t launch.
Implementing Byfron was a mistake in so many ways…

Closed everything, still having issues.

Somebody get this again to the higher ups.

1 Like

In my case i dont get a single error message
It just silently closes

3 Likes

Weird. I will admit that I did logout of my alternate account on the launcher, logged it in to the microsoft store version, then logged in my main account in before I BELIEVE, having the issue.

Uwp (microsoft app verzion) doesn’t seem to be affected by the issue. But it isn’t exactly the best either as it has a lot of bugs on it.

1 Like

Yes, the microsoft version works fine (with the usual bugs of course)
but the launcher and studio im having trouble with

1 Like

For me the MS version of Roblox works, studio works just fine but when I click play on the roblox.com website on chrome it says its starting and blah blah but never loads up! What do I do?

3 Likes

close programs you think are tampering with roblox or something, personally i’ve tried EVERYTHING and nothing works to fix it, roblox even updated and it didnt work. my personal advice? either give as much info as you can to bitdancer (he’s been helping lots of people with this issue) or wait until roblox is fixed

2 Likes

See I have literally tried every YouTube video possible and done what you’ve said. NOTHIG WORKS!

1 Like

welcome to the club, a mod on another topic told us that it’s most likely a byfron problem, but they still don’t know what it is

1 Like

The Roblox player still does not work for me. It has not worked for several months and there are no workarounds other than the Windows Store app. When I run the Roblox player, it either says “There was an error and Roblox needs to quit” or it crashes and asks me to create a memory dump.

1 Like

my hands are hurting from so much bug reporting that happens in roblox studio i have never seen the program give so much trouble in a month several times in a row :unamused:

roblox player still not working on my laptop for the month, it just launch and nothing happend

4 Likes

My Roblox Player still won’t load Roblox, it says it’s starting but never actually loads up Roblox!! My Roblox Studio works fine and the Microsoft Version of Roblox works. I’ve tried so many solutions, sent my crash dump files to @Bitdancer (still awaiting a reply), followed many YouTube videos with no luck…

What do I even do? I can’t factory reset my computer so… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

If you have MSI Afterburner and/or RTSS, make sure those aren’t running when you try to start Roblox. Otherwise, I unfortunately don’t know of any workarounds other than using the Windows Store version.

1 Like

EDIT: i can provide crash dump if needed, it’s kinda large tho (Above 193MB) and/or the log file
Cannot create a new topic in #bug-reports so i’ll post this here

Started occurring to me as of 7/24/2023 after a roblox update.

Can’t play any roblox game on desktop version (via roblox player launcher), However UMP version works and roblox studio works too…
Screenshot 2023-07-28 013503
Happens right before i join a roblox game on desktop version

i do not use RTSS…
MSI afterburner does not interfer with roblox and have tested this fact before the error happened

What i have tried doing:

1. Turning off certain security features on windows
  2. Reinstalled ROBLOX completely
  3. Removed ROBLOX Completely by going into the version’s folder and uninstalling it in the windows uninstall app features
  4. Went in Windows Safe Mode
  5. Use Certain FFlags
  6. Turned off certain software/AV(s) such as MSI Afterburner and Avast
  7. Contact Roblox Support (Didn’t get information on how to fix this issue so far)
  8. Change certain regedit keys for roblox

Computer specs:

Processor	Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz   3.40 GHz
Installed RAM	32.0 GB
System type	64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Edition	Windows 11 Enterprise
Version	22H2
Installed on	‎4/‎3/‎2023
OS build	22621.2070
Experience	Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22659.1000.0
GPU: NVIDA GEFORCE GTX 1660 SUPER 536.67

What i have noticed that roblox updated several times and installed new updates in 7/26/2023 but that didn’t help

2 Likes

How do you generate a crash dump with this error? I can’t figure it out, even with the instructions provided by the roblox staff.

(No crash dumps are being generated in my computer, and there is no logs folder in the roblox folder)

Hello oscy,

I vaguely remember opening your crash dump, but then I must have been sidetracked. Could you please send it again, preferably the latest one? I apologize for the inconvenience; I do receive a lot of DMs, and sometimes I lose track of them.

2 Likes