Roblox Premium is here!

I don’t think u can do that. It’s the same if u have still lifetime OBC right now u couldn’t just chance plan randomly. So sorry i do not think this is possible.

3 Likes

I love the new Premium, but one quick question.

Will groups have the BC members only option changed to Premium Members only? It would seem the choices are to either replace it with Premium or Remove the option entirely.

4 Likes

More inflation of Robux with the same DevEx tiers does mean that! But we don’t know how much of an increase since we don’t know what percentage of Robux in the economy comes from BC/Premium stipend bonus vs one time Robux purchases

2 Likes

Do you have a certain time of when Premium should be released everywhere? There are still places without premium.

1 Like

I believe that the stipend is awarded each month from the start of the users subscription though? Not the start of each calendar month.

4 Likes

I feel the idea of giving us the ability to get our robux allowance once per month is a downer.

If an item or hat or limited comes and we don’t have enough robux to get it when its there only for a limited time, then you’re asking us to pay more robux since we don’t get it daily to be able afford it.

The only upsides to this were the slight robux increase, and 100 group limit set for all.

Also, you put in the roblox player beta files about “Native Products”, between shifting from the “Old Product”, “Builders Club”, to “Premium” AKA the “New Product”. In this file, it explained specifically from transferring from the old robux store values from the builders club terms, to the premium terms.

This is one of 3 files that work with ROBLOX’s Roblox Premium, and it goes along with the unsaid features that Premium would be lowering the robux you would get.

To me, Premium could be worked out much better, and have been much more clear about as for what has been going on. But anyways, keep it up on improving ROBLOX, we believe in you!

7 Likes

Also, players still purchase one time Robux increases, and we have no idea what percent of total Robux is from that vs this monthly bonus

Very nice! Hopefully I can have premium available in my area before I have to renew (28th, I believe)

I still have about 95 years left on my current membership. Will my descendants have to cancel the following monthly subscription once the current period expires?

additionally, is there an anticipated increase in devex processing times with more people casually trying to cash out?

Does your membership say it renews or ends in 95 years?

1 Like

no it will be transferred automatically @1waffle1

so lifetime obc is lifetime premium by default

I still have the builders club page on the website and not the new premium page, but it does say “expires 2/3/2114.” I thought anything other than a monthly membership has in the past not been a recurring subscription and just expired instead of renewing, but now they’re being swapped into monthly recurring subscriptions once they end.

1 Like

Any planned release for US residents? Also, does anyone know why the UK was prioritized over the US, I find it weird as Roblox is based in the US???

3 Likes

I personally am in favor of this update. Despite the discords I’m in (who are all “veteran roblox players” thinking that Roblox is “taking away an iconic and central part of the Roblox community”), I think this is a great idea to open up all of the perks for a lower price.

I think the economy before kind of required you to have as good of a BC as possible. A lot of the perks were things that really did affect everyone from developers to players. (More active places, exclusive items, etc)

That being said, I do have a few questions that are echoed within this thread:

1. What will happen to previously BC exclusive items? Will they all just get converted to Premium-exclusive items where any level can buy them?
  2. What will happen to things like the BC hard hat? Will it be replaced by something else as the hat that’s associated with Premium?
  3. What will happen to previous API endpoints that point to BC,TBC, and OBC? Will they start treating everyone as an NBC member, or will they return the corresponding level of Premium? Or will they entirely be deprecated out to the point that using it would cause an error?
  4. How will UGC and Premium affect limited trading?

Also side note - is it too late to change the icon now? It doesn’t really fit with the other icons and to be quite frank, it looks like the old Patreon logo. (Yeah I mean I know that’s fine but still it’s a bit jarring)

2 Likes

This is based on the “Buy Robux” tab.

Ah! I really love math, but I typed in my numbers wrong! Your right that I’m wrong, it should be 93.5. I rounded to R$94 because you really cant have a half of a Robuck.

If your an average consumer that knows nothing about DevEx, you will think that you can get 1870 Robux for $20.

I was doing this math primarly for people who buy Robux which is no one on the forum who DevEx.

I really appreciate the math lesson, I have no clue what I was doing here, it was more of an approximation than a define answer.

I really just wanted to do it first lol

One last thing, at the beginning, you said this was wrong, however you use it at the end. Wouldn’t it be (110 - 93.5) / 93.5 * 100 ≈ 17.6 ?

Anyway, props on you for correcting my math, it was never my intention on giving out false information :heart:

3 Likes

Honestly, they should just make Lifetime Premium last forever instead of literally 100 years like the old lifetime BC. Especially since they’re going out of their way to ensure compatibility.

2 Likes

A lifetime doesn’t last forever, until it doesn’t that is :eyes:

1 Like

Since there’s no difference besides the tiers (except for the monthly allowance), people no longer have to brag about having a higher tier membership to others!

5 Likes

Now that the Builder’s Club items will most likely be unobtainable, are you guys considering making them limited? I think this is a perfect opportunity to start doing limiteds again, as you’re making tons of items unobtainable (or limited, haha), premium itself will likely make trading more accessible, and you’re showing that you still care about this part of the roblox community as trading is one of the key features listed on the premium page. Unless that problem you’ve mentioned before still hasn’t been fixed…

The new Roblox premium has its benefits and negatives, but I should say its a definite huge plus for all developers due to the Dev ex section of this.

2 Likes