Roblox Premium is here!

Having a limit means people can’t abuse the system and create 1,000 random groups. I’ve had OBC in the past and I have never been able to make proper use of 100 group slots and so I doubt anyone else will either.

Not only this, however Roblox does need a source of income and this, while small, provides them with a sink for users to put their Robux into. The price for premium isn’t really that bad, especially if you’re serious about making a career out of Roblox. Users can also create experiences on their profile and don’t need to have a group. For such a small price, I think it’s a fair premium to pay.

I think giving each BC type 100 group slots was a good move though and I hope to see some improvement in the group system in the future seeing as the use of groups for development is ever increasing; it’s overdue.

13 Likes

Will there be any plans to have an annual option?
I personally prefer it much over paying monthly for a multitude of reasons.

6 Likes

I understand that we are given R$ at the start of the month but…

What do you mean by “to use for the rest of the month”?

Does the Robux we get from a previous month becomes void when a new month arrives?

Another concern is how will this effect DevEx?

It’s current approval and payout time is extremely slow compared to other Platforms and now we have more people requesting to DevEx how will Roblox handle this issue?

@CaptainJadeFlames, I think that having 100 Groups is insane and unhealthy, why would you want to have that many need that many?

The limit should be there because people would just create trash groups thus the same result making trash accounts because they are free and limitless.

4 Likes

With BC, you get your robux as a daily stipend- with Premium it’s given at the start of each subscription renewal as a lump sum.

Basically, instead of giving you for example 15 Robux per day, you’re getting it all upfront so that you can get it all instead of waiting for a month to get it all. 15 * 30 = 450. So you get 450 Robux on the start of the subscription date each month.

Considering it’s already out on mobile and pc in some countries, I’d guess so.

4 Likes

Some econ for anyone, player or developer, choosing which tier they want to get. This post explains different ratios, most notably how much Robux you get per dollar spent on each tier and how it’s a better deal than the BC tiers used to be. This makes Premium better than BC for players and developers! There’s no catches. All tiers of Premium are better than their BC counterparts.

BC (15 Robux/Day) → Premium 450 means a month equals 30 days even (450/15). The old BC Robux per month you get per $ spent is 75.6. [(15 Robux/5.95$)*30 (roughly a month)].

The new “Premium 450” Robux per month you get per $ spent. It is 90.18 Robux per $ spent each month. (450/4.99)

Premium 450 is 19.3% of a better deal than BC was (assuming monthly subscription and only caring about Robux per $ spent) ((90.18/75.6)-1)*100%

TBC (35 Robux/Day) → Premium 1000 means a month equals 28.57 days (1000/35) *This is likely a concept known in the marketing community that tries to push people to go above and beyond to get the next option which is a better deal.
The old TBC Robux per month you get per $ spent is 87.9. (35 Robux/11.95$)*30.

The new “Premium 1000” gives 100.1 Robux per $ spent each month. (1000/9.99)

Premium 1000 is 13.9% of a better deal than TBC was (assuming monthly subscription and only caring about Robux per $ spent) ((100.1/87.9)-1)*100%

OBC (60 Robux/Day) → Premium 2200 means a month equals 36.66 days (2200 / 60) *This is significantly more days within the month than the previous OBC gave, a good deal for players for sure.
The old OBC Robux per month you get per $ spent is 90.3. (60 Robux/19.95$)*30. It’s seems to have always been set up to give you the most Robux per your buck by getting the higher tier.

The new “Premium 2200” gives 110.06 Robux per $ spent each month. (2200/19.99)

Premium 2200 is 21.8% of a better deal than OBC was (assuming monthly subscription and only caring about Robux per $ spent) ((110.06/90.3)-1)*100%

15 Likes

No, that’s only if you bought lifetime, if you bought it for 1 or 3 months, you still will have just builders club I think.

1 Like

I guess I’ll give my thoughts on Premium here real fast… I think it’s only really good if you want to buy Robux. (Unless you’re a trader.)

I mean with the minimum buy amount of 5 dollars for 400 Robux it’s just better to get 450 Robux, and the perks of premium. Granted you can just play Roblox without worrying about that and all you’ll be missing out on is Robux which in all honesty are getting less and less important depending on the games you play. (A good game doesn’t rely on you to pay Robux, or join a group IMO.)

However, if you’re in the trading scene, which is dying down more and more anyways you kind of need premium anyways. Oh, and 100 groups is always nice. Especially since you stay in those groups you’re already in after premium expires. But, with the catalog slowly dying with in game customization, it’s like who needs these features?

3 Likes

I am so glad that roblox premium is here!
Some questions I have:
Do the people who lifetime membership get all their robux for their 100 years? :100:
Are you going to change the roblox builders club badges to a single premium badge? :thinking:

4 Likes

After making this decision, I’m hoping premium will have the same charm as Builders club had. It’s neat how users won’t have to pay an extra 15$ to dev ex. Noticing how users can join 100 groups for each premium level is an awesome update for roblox premium. users don’t have to have 2200 premium level to participate in the developer exchange program and any premium level could work is a great change to roblox premium. I hope these changes to builders club could work well. . :+1:

1 Like

As am I.

Refer to OP for answer. V

Yes, the badges on your profile and in-game in the leaderboard are now all one single Premium badge.

5 Likes

I have described various ways as to how the group limit could be used, and while it’s unlikely many people will reach close enough to scrape the 100, it’s still better to have that room than to not have it. We have 200 slots for publicly available games, and yet is anyone reasonably expected to have 200 games?

No, the limit there solely exists as a bump to prevent abuse at that point, rather than one caused by trying to put a price on having more games.

People have been creating junk groups since the introduction of groups, and a $6 price point isn’t going to stop that. If we’re going to restrict the feature for those who could get good use out of it just because some users are using it in ways which could be deemed low quality, that same logic could be used against increasing the group limit for the lower end of Premium members.

Does the potential $6 a month of a dev outweigh the potential thousands in revenue a dev could make with a successful game? The profits from robux used to buy in-game goods and catalog items are what would be Roblox’s big goal. Builder’s Club already had less and less reason to buy it, from most users having Adblock to some of those features such as BC-only games and the previously mentioned place limit doing more harm than good.

There’s a reason that the three plans listed are the amounts of robux you get monthly, that the first of the three features listed is about getting more robux with your purchase. Roblox runs on R$, not pointless pricetags to features which developers should have available to help both the developer and Roblox profit. Developing on the site should be as open as possible, and it’s quite silly to go against that when doing so is going against what’s funding the platform.

6 Likes

What does “soon” mean? A day, week, month? Just curious how gradual of a roll-out to expect.

4 Likes

Are people who don’t have access to Premium yet (like me) still able to benefit from universal DevEx and the increased group creation limit, or will we have to wait until Premium is fully released?

Edit: Premium has been rolled out to me.

4 Likes

Not sure if this was answered, but how will this affect lifetime premium users. You said:

Robux allowances are now given upfront whenever your membership is purchased or renewed. That means you’ll get 450, 1000, or 2200 Robux that day to use for the rest of the month.

Does that mean lifetime members basically have infinite robux when their memberships are converted over? Or do they get their robux on a form of payout day or something?

We’re hoping to make it not-too-gradual! If all goes well, we expect everyone’s experience to be the same within a few days.

12 Likes

Instead of having a lump sum at the beginning of each month, could the player themselves make a decision if they want to be paid daily or not? One of the good things about getting paid daily is that players with a spending problem don’t waste all of their robux on the first day of having BC. Especially with kids this will be an issue. I see a problem with this as players will rather just spend their money on Robux itself than BC because of that.

3 Likes

How will yearly memberships be converted? I’m under the impression that I’ll have to pay monthly after I get converted to Premium even though I paid for membership until March.

1 Like

@wravager already mentioned this, but with so much money being readily available, I’m really interested to see how things will play out. I can already imagine someone dropping tons of R$ on my products when their subscription renews :smirk:

Overall this is a welcome change. I’ll always have BC in a special place in my heart, but Premium seems great.

3 Likes