Roblox Premium is here!

Are you planning on adding any more renewable types other than monthly? Personnally I find it easier to pay all at once at the start of the year than in recurring monthly payments. But otherwise, love the change.

13 Likes

Itā€™s cool to see Premium! I wasnā€™t really standing for Premium because I saw the change unnecesary, but when I saw that the DevEx and the 100 group space will be available for every premium member, I loved it! I still donā€™t like the idea of getting all the monthly robux at once, I always liked seeing my robux growing slowly. I guess not everything can be perfect!

10 Likes

Premium is something I look forward to and will hopefully simplify the thus-far complicated tiered membership system Roblox has had. Receiving all Robux at once should benefit Developers and it gives players the chance to buy more products that might otherwise require a long period of saving up.

I canā€™t help to be left with a very bad taste in my mouth however. My OBC subscription just renewed, right before this announcement that from now on all BC/Premium tiers come with the same benefits (Robux amount excluded). My OBC will be converted into the 2200 Premium tier but I have no interest in this monthly stipend, just the benefits that come with the subscriptions. Not being able to downgrade to the 450 tier until the next renewal period seems extremely unfair as I could have bought three times as long of a subscription with that same money, receiving the same benefitsā€¦

37 Likes

I never said this is unfair? I completely understand it, and why there will always be people in my position, not matter when Roblox change prices. I just think that it is unfortunate and that more notice would be nice on updates like this in the future. (But obviously not expecting something like a year)

13 Likes

Iā€™m curious as to how this will effect the economy for games.

Will users binge all of their money at the start of their membership? Will they buy more robux in the interlude? Will little devs be left behind? Will it be the polar opposite and everything booms? Little kids with giant cash sums haveā€¦ interesting outcomes to say the least.

That said, I feel like this somewhat brings up the discussion of increasing dev ex rates and lowering the tax on the site again. So many changes for robux in the past few months except the dev rates and site sales tax.

18 Likes

A question: now that there is no such thing as Builderā€™s Club, would it count as scamming to name a subscription based in-game membership ā€Builderā€™s Clubā€, and sell it for a monthly Robux fee? There would be three tiers, Classic, Turbo, and Outrageous.

6 Likes

Itā€™s the same as buying robux basically. 4.99 = 450 robux + premium. So its the same.

5 Likes

Having the access to DevEx and 100 groups in any tier is amazing. All the robux from that month given all in one go is a lot better than a small part every day, you can actually buy something when you get your membership payment instead of waiting the entire time to be able to.

One thing Iā€™m not a fan of is the fact that thereā€™s only monthly memberships. Iā€™m disappointed that the other length tiers are gone, especially the 3 month option on iOS.

14 Likes

Really excited for this to finally be out :smiley:

One really important question on my mind is, will we still be able to use our left over balance on our account to get premium?

Iā€™m taking a wild (but logicalā€¦) guess that weā€™ll still be able to use it, but thought to ask anyway.

5 Likes

Roblox Premium Pricing

28 Likes

So does Premium go live on all devices? (Example: Xbox, mobile, and PC)

7 Likes

Finally! I feel like this is a way more streamlined version of the already existing Builders Club. It merges all three while keeping a sorta tiered system with the monthly lump sum. One thing I dont really see a point of is keeping the group limit. Sure, every premium tier getting 100 groups up from the non premium 10 is a huge improvement, but the active game limit was increased to 200 for even nonpaying players a while ago. I dont see why they couldnā€™t do the same thing here.

5 Likes

Question will Outrageous builders club have the ability to get Preninum for free or is it just a separate service?

4 Likes

You know I love the premium Idea, canā€™t wait to get it somethime if I ever do. It has a lot of features me as a developer I would like!

4 Likes

Itā€™s not a separate service, itā€™s the replacement to Builders Club. You wonā€™t be able to buy Builders Club anymore after Premium ships to your country of residence and any existing Builders Club subscriptions are turned into Premium subscriptions.

7 Likes

From what they say, all BC memberships will be converted to their respective premium tiers. So if you have OBC youā€™ll get Premium 2200 for the rest of your current payment period.

3 Likes

Wonderful! I was wondering when this would begin rolling out to all users. Itā€™s long been a question to me as to when the Buildersā€™ Club membership would receive a revamp and renaming to fit the current demographics of Roblox. I had a question pertaining to these new memberships however, as I am staff on board a quite large 3rd party Roblox statistics website. Will there be a public web API for determining whether players have premium or not? If so, will it report their premium level, or just whether they have premium or not? Currently, these exist for the soon discontinued Buildersā€™ Club membership but as far as I can tell do not for the new premium membership.

9 Likes

Do we get a plastic hard hat as well?

1 Like

When are you guys going to allow it on mobile? :eyes:

7 Likes

Probably not as Premium has been out to a select amount of people already and they did not receive anything.

1 Like