Roblox Premium is here!

I never said that 20*94 = 1870, putting the number in the parenthesis was me rounding that number for context since you can’t have a half of a Robuck, Also you should notice how I never used it in the equation.

Also, I don’t think 1870/20 = 93.75, it should equal 93.5, unless Microsoft Edge is wrong, which I wouldn’t be surprised.

If you would like to continue this discussion I think we should go into DM’s, since this a getting a little messy. I’d be more than happy to go to the moon and back with you on this, good discussion!

Gotta applaud on the ability to join 100 groups! I used to have TBC and join 20 and simply have TBC just to join 20 groups. Glad to see that the sky isn’t a limit and allows developers ability to get paid through group funds more easily (if that was a problem.) Thank you!

2 Likes

I am going to try to answer as many of your questions as I can to my knowledge.

1. Limiteds will be coming back as normal, and will be purchasable in the catalog like they used to be.

“Roblox will keep making Limited items - we’re currently working on fixes in response to issues seen earlier this year, which is why you haven’t seen new Limited items lately.” -coefficients

2. I am going to make a general and logical assumption for this one. The fees for gamepasses and clothing will most likely be the same as when we had Builders Club; No Membership = 90% goes to Roblox, With Premium = 30% goes to Roblox, for all levels.

“Premium offers many of the same great benefits you know and love from Builders Club (i.e. recurring Robux deposits into your account, discounts on Robux, and more)” -Roblox Blog

3. The Premium logo is apt to change, as any other Roblox logo has, the question is when? Roblox is gradually starting to become more modern/mature with it’s look as we have seen with previous updates. There are leaks of the Robux logo also being changed in the future (leaks may not be true), showing how Roblox is changing its theme. We also see many regular buttons being updates on the webpage daily. Most likely we won’t be receiving a new Premium logo for a while to my knowledge.

4. It is very clear that BC, TBC, and OBC will be removed from the Roblox site completely. The main reason Roblox is changing the membership is because of the name:

“We changed the name of our subscription product to Premium in order to clear up a common misconception among newcomers that Builders Club was required to build things on Roblox.” -Roblox Blog

With this update, it will be clearer that the membership is not enabling people to build, which Roblox is hoping will expand the developers on the site.

5. Most likely, there will be no need to revert this membership, as there is no reason for it not to be successful. Premium includes all the same benefits you received with Builders Club and more. The max monthly robux with Builder Club (OBC) was 1800 p/m, but not with Premium it is 2200 p/m. On top of this, all Premium members can join/create up to 100 groups, which is definitely better as some people just purchase OBC for group limits. You can also now DevEx with any level of Premium, which also encourages more developers to join the platform. To sum it up, memberships are transferring, so anyone with BC will realize this change.

Builder’s Club → Premium 450, Turbo Builder’s Club → Premium 1000, Outrageous Builder’s Club → Premium 2200). All Premium users are able to create and be in 100 groups, regardless of which level of Premium you have. You read correctly: that includes the Developer Exchange program. You don’t need Premium 2200 to participate in the Developer Exchange program; any level of Premium will work. -coefficients

6. This is definitely a possibility in the future, however, I find it unlikely. Other than Roblox trying to mature the platform with their simple, modern, white logo, there aren’t really as distinct levels of Premium as there were with BC. With BC there were distinct levels, BC, TBC, & OBC. Contrary to this, there is now only one membership: Premium. Since the only thing changing between the “levels” of Premium is amount of monthly Robux, there is no need to brand all levels differently. If you have Premium 450, you have just as much Premium as someone with Premium 2200. Coefficients refers to this idea of there being no distinct levels when he says, “…most comparable level…”. To sum that up, there probably won’t be different icons, as Roblox is inferring that Premium is one membership. Everyone will have the same logo, as we all have basically the same benefits (excluding Robux p/m).

7. To my knowledge, Roblox made it clear in their blog post that the (main) reason they changed their membership was because players thought they couldn’t build without BC. On top of this, Roblox is maturing/opening Roblox to a wider audience, and making a more mature, developer-intriguing membership was optimal.

“We changed the name of our subscription product to Premium in order to clear up a common misconception among newcomers that Builders Club was required to build things on Roblox. -Roblox Blog”

8. I don’t think Roblox knows the exact time when Premium will be global. I believe that it may take a few days. My estimate would be anywhere around/up to a week.

“We’re hoping to make it not-too-gradual! If all goes well, we expect everyone’s experience to be the same within a few days.” -coefficients

I hope this helped you out and answered most, if not all, your questions. Please keep in mind this is my logic and it may not be 100% true. All conclusions have been based off what Roblox/staff have done/said so far.

11 Likes

So will we now be able to buy lifetime subscriptions again?

1 Like

To my knowledge, we won’t be receiving the hard hats anymore, they are now exclusive to old BC members. I’m assuming Roblox will make a new badge, if they make one, that will be exclusively for Premium members. I also think it would be a cool idea to add new catalog items to the different membership levels, as they had with BC.

No, simply anyone who had BC lifetime previously will have it transferred to Premium. If you don’t have it currently, you don’t get it.

2 Likes

You might have a lot more refreshing to do, as it may take a few months.

I get that having a limit on how many groups Non-Premium users is necessary to prevent bots from joining a bunch of groups, but this 5 group limit for Non-BC/Premium users has been on for awhile. Is there a possibility of raising this limit to 10, maybe 15? Plus, I can’t think of anyone who would join 100 groups willingly, besides maybe YouTubers to show support for their fans, but still.

1 Like

There is essentially no difference between BC and Premium other than the name and a few perks. All levels of Premium can join/create 100 groups, all levels of Premium have access to DevEx, and there are no more daily robux.

There will also still be items for membership users only, as there were with BC, except they will be for Premium.

1 Like

Are these badges going away as well or staying?

14 Likes

Where would you buy premium? I may not have understood how to get it.

If you bought builders club it will slowly or shorty convert to it.

To answer your second question, Trading will be accessible for all levels of Premium, as Roblox reveals in their blog post.

"Here’s a quick rundown of what you get when you subscribe to Premium:

• A full month’s worth of Robux will be deposited instantly into your account when you renew or purchase your subscription (as opposed to waiting for it to come day-by-day, like Builders Club).
  • Get 10% more Robux when purchasing official Robux packages on Roblox/
  • Better payouts on item sales and in-game sales (compared to non-subscribers) when you exchange Robux for real money through our Developer Exchange (DevEx) system.
  • The ability to trade items with other players.
  • A new Premium icon will be displayed next to your username in-game and throughout Roblox.
  • And many more exciting benefits coming soon!"
    - Roblox Blog
3 Likes

I think you may just not understand the wording. What it means is simply that instead of receiving daily Robux, you will receive it all at the start of the month. “To use for the rest of the month” is just inferring that you will only receive one payout of Robux for your membership at the beginning of the month. It is not going away unless you spend it.

For those who had lifetime memberships, no they don’t get the Robux for a 100 years instantly. Instead, it is simply transferred to Premium. If you have BC for Life, then you’ll have Premium for life, depending on your level…

BC → Premium 450
TBC → Premium 1000
OBC → Premium 2200

1 Like

I have just gotten access to purchase Roblox premium, and I have noticed that the only option on mobile is Premium 450. Is there a way to purchase any of the other tiers on mobile or are you really only able to buy this one?

2 Likes

Probably more will come when it updated to mobile or not we don’t know yet.

1 Like

Since you have a year, it will be converted to Premium for a year. Since it expires in March, your Premium membership will last until the same day in March.

“This means that if you have a 3-month, 6-month, or 1-year membership, it will be converted to monthly renewing Premium when you reach your renewal period.” -coefficients

1 Like

You will receive the proper amount of Robux that correlates with your membership level. You will receive the full 450 robux. You won’t receive any robux after your membership ends unless you purchase them.

1 Like

Most likely it will be replaced with Premium only, as that makes sense.

1 Like