Roblox pulled off another useful trick, but how is it done?

Since the release of Roblox using the camera for these weird heads, new UI has been implemented. This new UI also has a ViewportFrame where you can view your character, but mirrored. How is this done?

I’ve put up that Twitter accessory so that the effect can be seen better.

11 Likes

Well, it seems like no one can answer this unsolvable question. But, not for the first time, I am here to reply to myself in the hope many others see this and think “What an awesome guy!”. I am probably getting my hopes up but who cares.

After browsing Roblox’s CoreGui in hopes of finding this troublesome piece of UI, I discovered that the ViewportFrame itself mirrors the view. And if you try duplicating it, it doesn’t show the effect anymore!

I thought to myself that this was some magic that CoreScripts were doing on a targeted ViewportFrame, but I was wrong. No, it’s actually a hidden, undocumented and Roblox-locked property called IsMirrored! Well, that is straight to the point. But at least I solved the topic. The next question is Who wants to create a post in #feature-requests:engine-features so that we have access to this property too?.

12 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.