Roblox randomly closing without error message [Permanent fix?]

Randomly when playing roblox it just closes down without any error message and nothing I do is fixing it. It closes down at very random times sometimes 5 min in and sometimes 2 hours in and I see no obvious pattern in the crashes. I have cleared cookies and cache, fully reinstalling roblox, updating my drivers, etc. I am currently at the end of my wits about this and would love any support or if anyone knows how to fix it. If you want I could link some crash logs and stuff.

46 Likes

I’m having the same issue, been like this for almost two weeks now… not sure what to do either, tried everything.

edit; my roblox player just randomly closed without even being in a game. weird.

8 Likes

The only thing I could thing about doing is making a post on dev forum and mailing roblox. But roblox support is horrendous and I havent gotten any sign of life in over a week.

3 Likes

Changed this setting to 9 and haven’t crashed ever since, will keep updated

4 Likes

Was a while ago since your message got sent but for some reason I just now got the notification. But anyways I will try setting my graphics to 9. I will keep it updated if it works for me or not.

2 Likes

Did not work I just crashed sadly but please let me know if you find any other possible solution.

1 Like

yeah same, but it’s been crashing a bit less like crashing every 30 mins - 3 hours or so.

fresh installation (uninstalling, removing roblox folder from appdata) makes the roblox player application last longer without crashing ig.

4 Likes

Same here, been crashing a lot lately. Still not fixed. Roblox needs to fix this as its still present and has been annoying me a lot. On my end, roblox often randomly freezes and then closes, but sometimes it also randomly closes without freezing. I have never had these issues before and i have confirmed it was not hardware related.

12 Likes

I know this topic is a month old now but what operating system are you using? Regardless if It’s Windows 10 or 11. I’ve heard that some people say that Roblox crashes on Windows 11 insider builds without the error message showing, that’s all I know.

I am using windows 11. A bit annoying that you need 30 words to send message.

Are you using a Insider Preview version of Windows 11?

Whats that how do I check if I am?

Type About your PC in the search then you should see your Windows edition below Windows specifications. I use LTSC because I want longer updates.
Capture5

1 Like

I’m on Windows 10 Pro and still was crashing.

Anyway, I have factory reset my PC and for some reason it resolved all of my crashing issues with Roblox. I no longer crash randomly (weird) so I’m still unsure what could’ve been the main cause.

1 Like

I am currently using windows 10 64 bit. (specifically win10 64x pro)

I am not using the insider preview version of windows 11 from what I can see.

If you haven’t used it yet, I’ve found that the microsoft store version seems to be the solution to all launcher-related problems, even though still this is a big issue (for me too, I’ve also been having problems like this.) Been trying to find solutions for a while now.

1 Like

Sadly microsoft store roblox isnt an option because of how bad its performance is and with 2 monitors my mouse goes over the the other monitor constantly while first person or shift lock

2 Likes

Bumping this thread; still unsure why I crash randomly. Re-installing the client and clearing the cache hasn’t solved the issue. I also attempted to fix any broken files on my PC to no avail.

3 Likes

You can post a bug report through a DM to Bug Support if you cannot post to #bug-reports directly.

This looks like it might be a Hyperion (Roblox’s anticheat) -related bug if there’s no consistency (i.e. it happens to you regardless of the game you join), you can find more information on them, some things you can try to fix it and how to get crash dumps if you need them (for example if Staff asks for them) here:

cc: @insanekiller20 @25rtsgamer333

1 Like