Roblox reinstated my experience, but NOT my account

Now this problem about Roblox Support is very common, and I would like to talk about an issue I had with them. In 2021 (I’ll explain later on) someone had used exploits in one of my experiences and reported it with another account to get me banned. (I know this as my friends were in the game). Roblox had moderated my account and my experience, but the user who got me banned still has his account up, in fact, he is quite an active user on DevForum and he was never moderated for his actions. There was even a 7-10 minute video the same year of him exploiting, yet he still wasn’t terminated.

I told Roblox Support about this, and what’d they say? They said it was MY FAULT, how can it be my fault when I wasn’t even on Roblox at the time? Look at games on Roblox with thousands of users playing, Prison Life for example, it’s full of exploiters, people report the game, it’s not the creators fault people exploit in his game. The reason I know who used those exploits is because he was a trusted member in my game, and my friends were playing when he was doing this, and it seems he wanted to sabotage me when I wasn’t in the game.

Now, you might be wondering “it’s been more than 30 days, don’t appeal”. This is untrue, one of my friends were banned in 2020 (he broke the tos) and his appeal was also denied, he appealed again in 2024 (I don’t know how many times he appealed before this) and Roblox unbanned his account. Another occasion of this is another one of my friends, who got terminated due to one of his friends in team create sabotaging him back in 2021. His appeals like my other friend, were also denied, I also have no idea how many times he appealed, but he appealed in 2024 and he got unbanned. The former had used the normal support form, while the latter used the EU support form.

There have also been cases of users being unbanned using methods. A notable user such as Pheedy, who was terminated all the way back in 2012, got unbanned in 2024 due to his name being reset. Though the original owner of Pheedy didn’t do it, he got unbanned either way.

So fast forward to 2024, I appealed the experience, Roblox reviewed the situation and “removed the suspension”, they had also said they reinstated it. Remember, this was 3 YEARS LATER, the 30 day policy is ridiculous, as my first appeal it took almost 3 weeks to get a response, and the 30 day period was almost over. It made no sense to not reinstate my account but reinstate the game. I had been developing the game for 4 years at that point, and nothing was inappropriate, it was just buildings and a forest. Now, you might also be wondering “what are we meant to do? we can’t really help you” or “contact support”, i can answer both of those questions.

You might not be able to help me, but if there are enough comments in this post then maybe someone at Roblox will understand the struggle of the developer, how he can’t be on Roblox 24/7 monitoring his game because he’s busy. The answer to the second question is I have tried time and time again, their support says the same message of “30 days”, I have even called Roblox and it seems they still want to send the same message over and over again.

I have been a developer on Roblox for 8 years, doing mostly solo work of building and scripting, getting over 15K visits in 8 years (it may not be impressive to you, I don’t promote my games or make the common simulator), for all of that to go to waste because of an exploiter. Not only this, but I even had a clothing group and a sword fighting clan, which has also gone to waste. Many users on the DevForum have complained about support, David Baszucki even said last year the moderation would be improved, yet it’s only gone worse. I still want my account back, I still like developing on Roblox, and there are many games on my account from a 6 year span full of projects. A few years ago, KreekCraft was banned for 3 days (he broke the tos) so he called Roblox and they changed his ban to a warning, what’s with the special treatment? Think about the many developers or small content creators who were falsely banned and didn’t have a fan base of KreekCraft. Roblox added the EU support link to follow the law, they didn’t add it because they care about their users.

You’re also wondering now if I was ever gonna be a “top developer”. That wasn’t my primary goal, I make games on Roblox because I acted on an idea that I had. Roblox says the data is inaccessible after 30 days like they claim. They’ve started deleting group posts and comments from deleted users to give an illusion that they’re 100% gone.

Now you’re wondering what my user is. I would say it, but I wouldn’t wanna see the guy who got me terminated to also see this, I wanted to deal with this privately, but it seems Roblox will probably silence me by deleting my post, I don’t have a huge fan base, or the best scripting skills. But developing on Roblox has always been fun for me, I’m not asking Roblox to give me flowers, I just want them to reinstate my account. I’m not even expecting an apology, why do I have to make a post about moderation? Moderation is important for a platform like Roblox. Why is Roblox Support being suggested when they weren’t able to help thousands if not millions of users in my position? To make it even more insulting, when I appealed my game, they told me to “recreate the experience”. I spent 4 years developing it, I don’t remember the little details of it.

DevForum is the only way Roblox will actually (probably) listen to me now, but I don’t really have any hope as they care more about the fame (of a user) than quality of a game (by developers). Please let me know if you have any questions, and if any worker @ Roblox has any sympathy for me or at least understands the situation, then message me. The DevForum moderators might even remove this post but I want to post my experience.

Someone had flagged the original post, I knew Roblox wanted to silence me. I literally just want my account unbanned.

7 Likes

Maybe try replying to the last email and specifically state that your account was moderated as a result of the experience but the experience moderation action has been successfully appealed but the account is still moderated for the same moderation action

You can’t do much more since the moderation action was a long time ago and for account bans it is very unlikely to appeal that

I can agree that Roblox Moderation in general is unfair like kreekcraft getting special treatment because hes well known even when his violation was valid

1 Like

I have told them that my account was moderated as a result of the experience, yet they still send that 30 day message or say “we can’t assist you further”. You’re slightly correct about it being a long time ago, but not one but TWO of my friends were unbanned after 3 & 4 years after getting terminated and their appeals getting declined. My friend was terminated in 2020 for bypassing, his appeals were getting declined, but in 2024 he appealed (normally) and he got his account unbanned.

My other friend was banned in 2021 after his friend in team create added inappropriate models to get him terminated. His appeals were also declined, but with the EU support form, they unbanned him.

Pheedy was banned in 2012 after the April Fools incident, he was unbanned in 2024 after his name was reset.

Assuming you’ve read the main post which includes the unbanning after 30 days, the whole 30 day policy is ridiculous, I’ve known several people who’ve gotten unbanned after 30 days, now I can’t confirm this one but a user who was compromised in 2018 (and was also banned in 2018) got unbanned in 2024.

Roblox CAN reinstate accounts and experiences, but they simply refuse to do this for normal players.

1 Like

EU Support form? What’s the form specificially

I am also a EU user and only get special treatment by saying that i am from the EU in the description inside the support form otherwise they tell me what they can’t appeal a moderation action after 30 days

The issue is that roblox support agents probably got a policy that doesn’t allow them to remove moderation actions if it’s after 30 days (6 months for EU users) and many times they do mistakes in result getting the Players unbanned by mistake and the namereset of users was mostlikely resulted due to a error

I agree that the duration shouldn’t exist in any way since it also makes it unfair to people that were inactive for several years

Additionally i had a similiar situation about a successful appeal about a asset from years ago and after replying they found the error and reverted the change

1 Like

It’s possible to appeal using the EU report form (I just worded it wrong, sorry), one of my friends did this and he got unbanned, despite it being more than 30 days/6 months.

When I first made my appeal, it took almost a whole month to get a response (denied), and it’s advised not to send tickets about the same thing to Roblox. Pheedy was unbanned a few months ago, and he got unbanned because of a name reset, the new account “Pheedy” is banned as a result, but the original Pheedy account was unbanned. Sure, this may be an error by Roblox, but it shows that Roblox can reinstate any account whenever they want, even past 30 days.

What you said about the support agents receiving this policy is probably true. I still find it ridiculous as my experience was reviewed 3 YEARS LATER after it had been moderated, it was insulting when they told me to recreate the experience (after already developing it for 4 years).

There’s a similar post to mine, even when theirs was within 30 days , they still reviewed the experience after 3 years, if they can reinstate an experience after 3 years then they can also do that with my account. Now whenever I send a ticket about this, they said it wasn’t moderated. This user had gotten terminated, as well as their game moderated. Roblox reviewed the situation and reinstated their experience but not their account, when they told Roblox about it, their account got reinstated.

3 Likes