ROBLOX Rich Presence on Discord — roblox-rpc. A safer alternative

roblox-rpc

example
example2

About :notebook_with_decorative_cover:

roblox-rpc is a Rich Presence application that can be run as an executable with electron in the background.

roblox-rpc integrates Discord Rich Presence with the ROBLOX API to find the current game on ROBLOX you’re playing.

:point_right: Download the latest release here.

The Full README documentation here.

:rotating_light:The Problem with current alternatives :rotating_light:

This is an alternative to applications like ro-presence, StatEye and other similar applications.

• Why? Because these applications all have one thing in common, using your .ROBLOSECURITY cookie to function. This is very dangerous and an easy way to give unauthorized access to your ROBLOX account and lose your robux or limited items.

If you’re like me and wouldn’t like to give away your roblox account cookie just for some rich presence. Then this might be for you.

How my roblox-rpc application does it.

• roblox-rpc uses Bloxlink Verification through Discord to find out the ROBLOX account you’re verified with and will utilise the ROBLOX API to find the games you’re in.

If there are any issues using this please let me know here or by opening a new issue on the Github page.

22 Likes

:clap:

Finally, an alternative that doesn’t need your .ROBLOSECURITY cookie.

I will be using this one over the others. Thanks for making this.

7 Likes

Interesting approach to the token problem, I might include it when I have time. Though I don’t really see how it is dangerous to have a file with a token since Roblox has to it store too.

It’s great, but I don’t see how this could be considered a “safer alternative” :thinking:

Both of the mentioned applications are open-sourced, so there’s nothing inherently unsafe about them. Including this, running any type of code / program on your computer could get your .ROBLOSECURITY cookie stolen, even if not willingly provided.

Great work though! :clap:

2 Likes

Doesn’t work for me on Windows 11. Outdated setup instructions?