Roblox-RPC || Roblox Rich Presence for Discord!

IMPORTANT

Roblox RPC currently does not work due to issues with networking and configuration. I plan to remake this resource eventually at a higher degree of quality. I appreciate the support I have received from everyone and apologize for the lack of updates and communication to those interested in the resource. :sweat_smile:

Legacy RPC

About :memo:

Roblox RPC is an open sourced Roblox Presence background .exe application that all can use! Roblox Presence on discord has always been something I enjoyed so I decided to make my own version!

Please note that this is something I made for fun. I am only publicly posting this as a means of recieving feedback towards what I can do to improve my application (seeing as this is the first software application I have ever made :sweat_smile:) and because I want to release my app for all to enjoy!

You can download Roblox-RPC here or read more about Roblox-RPC through its github page!

Features :fireworks:

• Supports both Roblox Games and Roblox Studio
  • Supports Place Tracking (eg. Roblox-RPC can display the place you’re in within a Universe)
  • Clean UI/UX

Examples🎇

NVIDIA_Share_HMhmKReiCr

Credits :sparkles:

@HanstrikerHC on Twitter for their amazing icons!

16 Likes

Mac support would be awesome and also could it say Roblox rather than Roblox RPC.

Edit: also seeing that it is JS I can compile it myself, do you have a compiling guide?

2 Likes

This is actually completely up to you! The only reason mine says Roblox RPC is because my Discord Developer Application was named “Roblox RPC”. You can name your application whatever you’d like! Just keep in mind that the application will appear as “PLAYING "YOUR-APP-NAME”

My .exe file should compile it for you on its own! Did you run Roblox RPC.exe after installing the application?

the zip file was detected as a virus. care to explain this

This also happens when downloading FPS Unlocker. Unfortunately I do not understand why this happens – or rather, why Chrome detects it as a virus. Im not entirely sure how to prove it from being non-malicious but the source code is up on GitHub if you’re genuienly concerned about it being malware.

2 Likes

I am asking this because I use macOS and .exe does not work for me. I can compile the JS code into a .app myself.

1 Like

Oh! My apologies then :smiling_face_with_tear:

I would totally recommend using Visual Studio Code! The only downside would be the performance loss from the actual code due to VSCode taking up some resources to run on its own.

1 Like

Why not directly run it from a terminal then?

1 Like

Terminal’s can work but .exe files are just easier to use. You can run the project in your own terminal if you’d desire to do so but my executable files are a little better suited to handle running tasks.

No I mean for running the javascript file, you don’t need to install a whole ide to run it, just install the runtime interpreter and have a terminal?

1 Like

I’d love to use this but I have one question…

Do I really need to put my ROBLOSecurity cookie in?

Seems sort of dangerous.

1 Like

Seems like you do.

This tool looks nice, but the only reason I’m not going to use it is because I have to provide my ROBLOSECURITY Cookie to the Program.

Instead I could just use this that’s fully customizable:

https://customrp.xyz

The downside to the one above is that you have to do it automatically though.

2 Likes

You dont really need to use runtime interpreter or a terminal. My application runs through the usage of NodeJS and Git which should maintain and run the code indefinitely.

I thought about this during the creation process of the application but if you scan through the source code, the application only uses your ROBLOSecurity cookie to make API Calls through the Roblox API endpoints. The only reason my application looks “nicer” than other Roblox Presence applications is because my software relies on these API calls.

My software application stores your cookie onto your own device and it will not leave your system. You can take my word for it, but likewise you do not have to use the application if you dont trust it. I’ll try to find alternatives in a potential future version of the app although!

Thats understandable! However, I would recommend reading my post about this matter for an in depth reasoning as to why your cookie is required! :slight_smile:

This seems lovely, but for some reason the application doesn’t seem to work as it should?
(I have removed it and re-installed it multiple times)

I’m not sure if im doing anything wrong in the installation process, so perhaps you could give us some documentation on how to install Roblox RPC properly?

1 Like

No, that is not what I meant, if you still don’t understand I won’t argue any further,

I know you already pack the NodeJS application into a executable for Windows, I’m talking about that person who was using Mac and you said this:

What I am asking is, why in the world do you need to install a IDE to run your simple nodejs script? What prevents him from just installing NodeJS, getting a terminal window, and simply do node src/Roblox-RPC.js

Additionally, you didn’t even teach rhat person how to install NodeJS and how to use npm to install required packages.

Good idea! I’ll try to make a video sometime in order to properly document how the application should be setup. Meanwhile, make sure to check the FAQ portion of my github page for Roblox-RPC and make sure that you are inputting the correct ROBLOSecurity cookie, Discord Developer Application ID, and your own roblox UserId!

I apologize for the inconvenience :sweat_smile:

This is just the method I am most familiar with. Like I said, I do not own MacOS nor do I have experience with how the environment works. There wasn’t a need to get defensive, but I apologize for the misunderstanding if that helps. Furthermore, the OP only asked for methods as to how they can compile the JavaScript file.

the program seems to not check if it was already opened and just makes more run, unless this is a me issue

1 Like