Roblox Services Are Back Online

Thank you so much for taking the time and working overtime on the outage. I am super proud of all the Roblox engineers, the employees and the community for remaining patiently for this outage to go away!

One suggestion I have is please keep the community constantly updated through Twitter or the status page more frequently.

Much love to the engineers :heart:

2 Likes

I congratulate the entire team of employees who strove to solve the down as quickly as possible! :wave:t2::heart:

5 Likes

SWEET! :tada: Thank you to all of the engineers and staff who worked on the fix!
Also, here is an image of the blog post since it looks like a lot of people are having trouble accessing it!

16 Likes

congratulations, you did a great job :tada:

2 Likes

Thanks to all the engineers that worked overtime to resolve this issue. :heart:

4 Likes

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to the post-mortem. Appreciate the employees that gave up their weekend on-call. I think that y’all should look into making studio work offline. A lot of developers, including myself, got screwed out of Halloween and lost development time. This issue would’ve been corrected if we could access studio while the site was down.

28 Likes

I’m getting the maintenance page again

3 Likes

:+1: it’s about dang time roblox got recovered, since we had to wait over 3 days for the site to be fixed. like, try to imagine if it weren’t for the engineers fixing the site… :thinking:

4 Likes

Thank you Roblox for working hard to get the platform back up and running, however I do have a few questions regarding the Chipotle event. The days that roblox was shutdown, is there still a way to obtain the Chipotle event items from those days?

3 Likes

I’m sorry to say this but even if Studio could be run offline, you still likely wouldn’t have been able to deploy your game’s Halloween update in time since even the Roblox api went down.

1 Like

Working on game despite an outage means I am prepared when the site comes back up (if we had offline studio). However, me being unable to work on game because said application needs a constant internet connection hindered my ability to be prepared (how it is now).

17 Likes

I love the irony of this page being unavailable to me given the topic.

Regardless, can you please make it so if core systems go haywyre we dont lose access to Studio, we want to put safeguards in for stuff like daily streaks if this ever happens again

6 Likes

Thank you for the detailed update and big shoutout to the engineers who fixed it. :green_heart:

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I figure there’s no harm in asking - any chance this exploration could extend to game discoverability? Games with smaller/medium player counts have been decimated by the site outage and will take a while to recuperate.

It’d be cool to temporarily have a few custom game sorts for the purpose of bolstering up games who had their DAU/MAU drop drastically from the downtime.

2 Likes

Thank you for hard working for been 3 days since roblox is outage down for today got recovered has to be resolve this issues are back online congrats for much love to engineers

Think about for love roblox for working engineers

2 Likes

If you make a GET http request to the page you can get the html code and make it into a .html file, from there just open the file in your browser. (And yes, I’m aware this is a long complicated system, for something that should be simple)

1 Like

Here are some steps provided by @Reinitialized that solved a bunch of people’s issues:

Hey guys, if you’re still not able to access Roblox at this time, you can try clearing your DNS cache to see if resolves your issue. If this does not work, this means either Roblox has yet to open up in your region or you have some other form of caching probably out of your control. This will not work for everyone, but it may help some
How to clear the DNS cache on your computer

2 Likes

Hopefully that assistance of loss of revenue is soon as possible. Appreciate the work

1 Like

Thank you for not keeping us in the dark and also thank you to the engineers that worked hard to bring the website back online.

2 Likes

thanks, roblox!
best engineers ever

2 Likes

So happy everything could get resolved :heart:!

Also really happy that creators running advertisements are getting refunds!

1 Like