Roblox Services Are Back Online

Thank you Roblox for working hard to get the platform back up and running, however I do have a few questions regarding the Chipotle event. The days that roblox was shutdown, is there still a way to obtain the Chipotle event items from those days?

3 Likes

Iā€™m sorry to say this but even if Studio could be run offline, you still likely wouldnā€™t have been able to deploy your gameā€™s Halloween update in time since even the Roblox api went down.

1 Like

Working on game despite an outage means I am prepared when the site comes back up (if we had offline studio). However, me being unable to work on game because said application needs a constant internet connection hindered my ability to be prepared (how it is now).

17 Likes

I love the irony of this page being unavailable to me given the topic.

Regardless, can you please make it so if core systems go haywyre we dont lose access to Studio, we want to put safeguards in for stuff like daily streaks if this ever happens again

6 Likes

Thank you for the detailed update and big shoutout to the engineers who fixed it. :green_heart:

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I figure thereā€™s no harm in asking - any chance this exploration could extend to game discoverability? Games with smaller/medium player counts have been decimated by the site outage and will take a while to recuperate.

Itā€™d be cool to temporarily have a few custom game sorts for the purpose of bolstering up games who had their DAU/MAU drop drastically from the downtime.

2 Likes

Thank you for hard working for been 3 days since roblox is outage down for today got recovered has to be resolve this issues are back online congrats for much love to engineers

Think about for love roblox for working engineers

2 Likes

If you make a GET http request to the page you can get the html code and make it into a .html file, from there just open the file in your browser. (And yes, Iā€™m aware this is a long complicated system, for something that should be simple)

1 Like

Here are some steps provided by @Reinitialized that solved a bunch of peopleā€™s issues:

Hey guys, if youā€™re still not able to access Roblox at this time, you can try clearing your DNS cache to see if resolves your issue. If this does not work, this means either Roblox has yet to open up in your region or you have some other form of caching probably out of your control. This will not work for everyone, but it may help some
How to clear the DNS cache on your computer

2 Likes

Hopefully that assistance of loss of revenue is soon as possible. Appreciate the work

1 Like

Thank you for not keeping us in the dark and also thank you to the engineers that worked hard to bring the website back online.

2 Likes

thanks, roblox!
best engineers ever

2 Likes

So happy everything could get resolved :heart:!

Also really happy that creators running advertisements are getting refunds!

1 Like

Thanks for sacrificing your weekends for Roblox! We all appreciate it!

Sincerely, WE

3 Likes

Screenshot_20211101_100831
I cannot open the link, is there any possible technical explanation on what happenned (assuming it isnā€™t confidental or something)?

Also I believe this is the longest Roblox outage as of 2021 in history (most likely?)

1 Like

While there are no data loss for players who did not play during the outage, there are numerous of reports of data loss of players who were playing just before ROBLOX completely shut down

1 Like

Can we also get the studio offline feature back? This is really helpful for situations where your own wifi has an outage or you dont have access to wifi or when the roblox servers are down.

That way you can still continue development while the engineers work on a solution or anywhere you go.

This used to exist, but i have noticed that it was taken out some time ago, which left me and a lot of other users unable to work in offline mode on progress.

8 Likes

How do you define an ā€œEarning Developer?ā€
Only those whoā€™ve DevExā€™ed or?

5 Likes

No, thank you and your team for all your hard work!

2 Likes

Thank you to any of the engineers who were working around the clock to bring Roblox back up and running again!

Hopefully nothing happens like this again in the future.

2 Likes

Hey, not sure if this is the right place to reply with this. But it seems that Iā€™m having issues with the website, Roblox says that itā€™s up!

Iā€™m using the Brave browser, but this issue seems to be happening with other browsers.

2 Likes