Roblox Services Are Back Online

You never realize how much you depend on Roblox until you suddenly aren’t able to use it for days. Thank you for trying to solve this outage.

8 Likes

This is great. I think that this is an amazing start to deal with a revenue loss for developers.

3 Likes

Sort of rant warning.

Preface: this post was more to whoever is running the social media/status.roblox.com website, not the engineers. I don’t think the engineers are at fault here at all in fact, they did their best and made progress as quickly as they could.

While I’m glad Roblox is back, if this happens again, I really hope we get some form of statement, not wait until 2 days into the outage to make one.

Overall, I don’t really care that it was down, I just hate the lack of transparency. As others have said already, even a “we don’t know what caused it”, or a “no eta”, or a “we think we might have found the issue” post would suffice. Even if a statement that said “we thought we identified the issue but it appears to be something else”. Heck, even something saying “we’re not going to look into it until the weekend is over”. Literally anything other than a generic statement saying “we’ve identified the issue” statement 4 times which makes players think Roblox 100% knows the issue and is making progress, which gives people some form of false hope.

Now that this is over, I hope Roblox admins can at least consider making Studio available offline as per this feature request

10 Likes

I am very thankful that Roblox is online, Thanks for your hard work everyone. I did have a concern about Sponsored Experiences. Everyone had been talking about the ads, but what about the Sponsored sort of the discover page? That was also unavailable. It would be good to see those effected in that area refunded as well.

2 Likes

Like a lot of others here, I’d like to thank all the engineers who spent their weekend working to get everything back up and running. Nice job! Well done! :clap:

1 Like

Thanks a ton for the transparency and communication to Roblox, you’re really improving on this part and the community appreciates it :heart:

I have one question though: are services dependent on Roblox’ uptime also eligible for compensation? Due to the outage, our advertisement revenue of our website dropped since some components are relying on Roblox’ APIs. The outage brought financial damage to us.

This would be due to data store errors. See the OP:

2 Likes

Thanks to the whole roblox team for fixing this problem😁

Thank you, Engineers! Glad you could fix the site.

I’m happy to see Roblox taking initiatives to compensate developers and refund the cost of ads ran during the time. Something I feel wouldn’t have happened a year ago. Glad the platform is back online and running again and hope that, if possible, the full cause of the problem can be released publicly with assurance that it won’t happen again.

Thankful to the engineers who worked tirelessly to get everything back online as well! They definitely deserve a bonus (and a break!) :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

last but not lost. in a way it makes me proud to see that roblox is expanding so much that this problem is real, by the way, i hope it doesn’t happen again, even though i’m proud it was chaotic.

1 Like

Thanks, Roblox Team for fixing the problem! I think that isn’t going to happen again. :wink:

Just to make sure I have the facts straight, the reason that Roblox went down was because the server that directs other servers to ready themselves for an experience was overloaded due to a bug? And from there it was a chain reaction with everything else going down?

Thank you, engineers, for finding a solution to this issue. It’s great to see it back and ready to go.

Although we didn’t get much info during the outage, I appreciate the clarity we are getting now. I’m also glad Roblox is looking into compensating devs. Thank you engineers, you guys are truly underrated!!

My game data are gone. Please help my data get back up. I purchased coins and pets in Adopt Me with Robux.

If you purchased something while the servers were going down, you should talk to the Adopt Me Team about that

Which ever works best for you

That’s really good thing, as someone that owns multiple clothing related games this weekend were something I really missed. I also ran ads during this outage so I hope I’ll see the refund soon back on my account.

1 Like

This might have already been said by a ton of people but, THANK YOU ROBLOX ENGINEERS! Thank you for putting your time in this weekend to fix Roblox so players could access it. We appreciate your help and effort.

2 Likes

Thats sound good Thanks Roblox. :heart:
Thanks to all the engineers that worked to resolve this issue. :heart:

3 Likes