Roblox silently loses connection without notice or rejoin option

Yea i’ve been having this problem for a few months and it’s actually quite annoying, There has to be a fix somewhere

1 Like

i sure hope there is a fix, ive had numerous instances where i disconnect within 1 to 3 minutes of playing

1 Like

I’m not 100% sure if this is the exact issue I am having or not, but I have been disconnected exactly like this about 4 times now as of writing while in the middle of a playtest in Roblox Studio. So annoying.

This is likely a case of Roblox kicking you from their server without a message. If you did Player:Kick() -- no parameters then the game would just stop working in a weird way. You are no longer a part of the server so nothing gets replicated, and you cannot move your character. Why is this happening, don’t know. But that is likely why this is happening to you.

2 Likes

I am also experiencing this issue, and have been experiencing this since Q4 2022. Switching to a fibre-optic connection made it seemingly more common. My internet connection is very stable and does not change. My IP is pretty much static, to the point where a public server can run on it, and other network changes are out of the question, since I manually configured that not to happen in my MikroTik router. This issue occurs at random for me.

Behaviour

When it occurs, it completely halts all networking operations from the Roblox application. It makes the networking thread seemingly halt and freeze completely. This can be seen when looking at the ping display. During the time the bug is occurring, it is frozen to the last known value.
The resend queue gets filled to the 512 max and the client is also not receiving anything from the server. After waiting for a few minutes the client either catches up with the server and stabilizes the connection, or completely kicks you. Which outcome occurs, is seemingly random and requires more testing.

Theory

My current theory on the cause of this issue would be the roblox client not being able to handle packet loss or minor connection hiccups very well. This is only a theory and not certain.

4 Likes

You know, I’m also beginning to think your theory might be onto something.

I get the idea that Roblox communication indeed might not be that good at saving dropped packages or re-establishing a connection.

I think when your client drops too many packages or begins to get an unstable connection, at some point Roblox might just fail to reconnect in time (or maybe they don’t even try it) and perhaps that results in the disconnect.

Although, the fact it happens so randomly even with good ping and that no pop-up ever shows does really make it feel more like an actual bug if anything.

3 Likes

I’m starting to believe that this issue is definitely server-sided and related to Roblox itself, not individual internet connections. Over the past few months, I’ve been facing disconnections every 1-20 minutes, no matter what I do. There’s no error or warning, just a silent disconnection.

It’s not an issue with my internet. I’ve already switched providers, and I’m currently using a wired connection. I’ve even changed cables multiple times, but the problem persists. This makes it clear that the issue likely lies within Roblox’s application, particularly the client or the .exe itself, rather than anything related to connectivity on my end.

This is a serious issue, and the Roblox development team really needs to address it. It’s affecting many players, and the fact that it happens even with stable ping points to a bug in the platform.

5 Likes

tried the exact same things as well. i’m convinced there’s nothing we can do except wait for ROBLOX to recognize this long overdue issue and patch it.

3 Likes

I hope they recognize this issue as well so we can find out what’s actually causing it.

This issue has been going on for quite a while now, several months, even today.

2 Likes

yes, this is still happening. i have heard that it is possible to fix with a vpn but those aren’t free, so it would be really nice if whatever was causing this got figured out soon

1 Like

not just months, i’ve seen a video catching the bug on camera from as far back as january 2021.

1 Like

Still happening to me, its almost always every 5 minutes or so then my ping goes from 60 to about infinite. Sometimes it disconnects me after 10 minutes or so, other times it regains connection and my ping spikes to about 800k or more. Tried to see if it was my wifi by running a background program and while roblox lost connection, the program in the background was perfectly unphased.

1 Like

nevermind, the vpn thing didn’t work, at least for me. if someone can find a consistent workaround for the time being i would thank you immensely

anyway, this bug has no easy workaround, happens commonly, and it makes it impossible to play certain games that require long sessions, such as jtoh as mentioned above in this thread. how has this been ignored for this long?

No idea, It went away for me for about a few weeks but is now back and even worse, I can’t even play games that require almost no time investment because It always boots me out after about 2 minutes or so exactly now.

bumping this again. has anything been done about this?

2 Likes

unfortunately nothing has been done about it yet

1 Like

This has been happening to me and my cousins. It also happens in studio for me and has removed progress. This needs to be fixed immediately.

3 Likes

this gives me flashbacks of when i used to be idle and being kicked on my xbox (2020), but because it used the old ui, i could freely move until i jumped or fell off anything. This is just that.

im pretty sure its meant to not appear in studio because of multiple reasons.