Roblox silently loses connection without notice or rejoin option

Same here, I think that as mentioned above by @omer_y they should add a short reconnect window while preventing input on the client, it’s been nearly half a year with this issue and it only happens on some ISPs, however to this day I don’t know what the cause is because average people don’t have access to ISP infrastructure

I can confirm it’s not related to PC hardware or software and it’s also not related to the router/modem/switch/etc as nothing had changed in regards to that either, the error just started popping up all of a sudden for me and my friends who used the same ISP so it’s likely related to the ISP itself

1 Like

I’m a Verizon user, with a high speed connection. It wasn’t until lately when the client runs without disconnecting (meaning I can walk around, and use features that don’t require the server) but anything outside my client simply is frozen. Probably last week is when I started getting disconnected immediately, still a frustration, but at least the rejoin button works instead of leaving, and waiting for that client to disconnect when it times out.

Edit: This pretty much only happens on Jailbreak, but I play Jailbreak 95% more than other games

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure the cause is the player disconnecting for a few seconds and roblox just kicks you out.

2 Likes

so, from what i know, you need to clear your cache and cookies for your browser. not sure why it works but it did for me

I’ve just started having this issue as of late. It’s super annoying! I’m running an rtx 4070, got 32 gigs of ram, and am using an AMD Ryzen 5 5600X3D 6-Core Processor, so it definitely isn’t a hardware issue.

Just happened to me, nothing on server side was working. It just froze with no disconnect message

2 Likes

happened to me like 20 times in the past few days

1 Like

Just got this today, still an issue. The client however did not freeze.

Bumping this bug thread!!!

1 Like

This started happening to me a couple weeks ago as well, hopefully it gets fixed sometime soon, it gets quite annoying

1 Like

This issue has gotten worse, where a silent disconnect will occur only ~10 seconds after joining
confirmed with alot of other players, in varying games

1 Like

This started happening to me again after it being fine for months, If I’m lucky I can play for 10 minutes without it disconnecting.

This has started to me two weeks ago.

1 Like

Bumping this. This bug is affecting me. I used different computers and networks but it just disconnects anyway

Happening to me too, my own game has become somewhat unplayable as I lose connection before I could even complete anything

6 Likes

Also happening to me, although like less often (like there’s a chance it happens every few hours). It has been happening like 1-2 times a day, and it’s getting pretty annoying.

Ping and internet receive just freezes when I view performance. I’m still able to use other websites that require wifi normally without an issue during the disconnect. I checked my available ram and there was over 20% ram available.

That has been happening to me too, at first I thought it was a DDoS attack, but this issue is probably why, and not an attack. I still don’t know how to fix this.

This is constant issue for me. Every 20-30 mins I get silently disconnected from server. MY INTERNET at this time is fine - everything other works fine.

I have tried to not leave game after such thing occurs and I can just be in game for hours and not be kicked.

2 Likes

I have been dealing with this same issue for about 2 years now, the disconnect time varies between games but is still very inconsistent and it never kicks me or shows me a message no matter how long I wait.

1 Like

Mobile data appears unaffected by this and im able to play for extended periods of time with it on, however if i get a call then it will do the silent disconnect about 1-2 seconds before my phone rings.

1 Like