Roblox starts as a background app

That’s essentially the issue. Oftentimes when opening the Roblox app, it simply starts as a background app. Doesn’t matter if it’s the first or last thing I do. This is not a a frequent issue, it only happens on certain days, on unpredictable circumstances. I’d love to know if there’s any fix for this issue, or if someone else also goes through this issue. My Computer is not weak, so I’m convinced this is not a hardware problem.

System information:

9 Likes

Seems like you’re having the Same issue as me and madattak, as shown in this Thread.

Quite a fatal bug considering it causes 0 access to both Roblox and, more importantly, Roblox Studio.

I Can recall this not being a thing until a Roblox update from last Week, where for me, if I remember correctly, the issues became noticeable on June 15th. I do also recall not doing any sort of Windows update at the time as well (and quite long afterwards as well), so it is not an OS Problem.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

3 Likes

Hey everyone - sorry for the late response here. Is this fixed? Looks like that linked issue was taken care of.

It seems to have resurfaced after release 594.
Studio works as intended but Roblox Player never opens up after the launcher dissapears.

3 Likes

can confirm. it seems like i have to open roblox twice for it to actually work, which is a step up from the previous issue, but still kind of a nuisance nonetheless.

For me it just doesn’t open at all, no matter what is done, quite annoying because it was working moments before release 594 dropped, meaning its not exactly an issue with my pc.

1 Like

Ok, getting in touch with the team

2 Likes

same with me i cant play roblox store version nor the actual player release
im on a asus rog g752vl my other pcs run roblox somehow one is on mac (its a acer) and the other one on windows (an older acer) it happend a week ago it just happend no reason why the logs say “URL ABORTED” if i open roblox store version right when i started the pc it works but when i try it with the main roblox player… yeah no then it wont work note: I Have VMWARE and OCULUS installed on my PC But I Dont Wanna Uninstall Oculus!

1 Like