Roblox player only launches as a background process, causing the client to never show up

Launching Roblox from the application opens the client as a background process instead of an application. This causes the client to never actually render:

Specs

11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-11370H @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz
16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

This is happening even after a 100% clean install of windows and clearing the drive. This is an application issue. This is critically affecting many players and developers, with this issue stemming from when Byfron was released. I’ve searched the web and asked around and it’s clear that an alarming number of people are affected. This has been happening for months without improvement.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RobloxHelp/comments/16raxet/roblox_keeps_opening_as_a_background_process
https://www.reddit.com/r/RobloxHelp/comments/14tuz5s/roblox_is_running_as_a_background_process
https://www.reddit.com/r/RobloxHelp/comments/16k1nq8/roblox_client_keeps_opening_in_the_background/

Expected behavior

Roblox launches as normal when opening the application.

7 Likes

Do you have RTSS or Afterburner enabled? Try disabling it and see if it works

1 Like

I specified a clean install of windows. I do not have those installed. Other third-part anticheats such as Riot Vanguard have also been disabled.

2 Likes

Oh, I was confused by “clean install”

also I do not have any of these things yet I can’t reproduce the issue. though I came here because I got notified of the topic creation

well the issue is mostly on windows 10 now not windows 11 so here is how i know:

a: i tried upgrading to windows 11 but the windows shell was broken (thanks asus!) but roblox worked then i rolled back cuz it was broken (again why asus) when i installed it on windows 10 it didnt open so it became clear its a windows 10 issue i gotta tell that to bitdancer (the only good mod here tbh) (also i own the same pc TWICE, the first one is beefy (slow) and runs windows 11 (roblox works there) the second one is fast (actually) and runs on windows 10 (win 11 was broken there somehow and roblox doesnt work)
so its clear. roblox byfron says windows 10 is bad! (yea they want us to go switch to mac or buggy windows)

and i resetted my pc aswell but NAH its not working (i meant roblox…) the only time its working is when i install broken windows 11 and only there roblox starts (but i never had that issue on windows 11 on my other pcs…) i did contact someone who can tell me why roblox is crashing but he told me that files from SYSTEM32 are the reason… even on a clean install… this proves hyperion is broken and detects a operating system as a cheat… thats messed up man.

(ik its pm for private message but. here is what the guy said)
this is all from windows 10 i dont have windows 11 problems

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting! Please follow this post for updates on this issue: Roblox Launching As Background Process Only