Studio/Client stops responding on splash screen

Attempting to open Studio or the Client, either from the start menu or via the website, causes a splash screen to open and hang. The Roblox process will use all available CPU indefinitely, clicking on the splash screen causes windows to notify of non-responsiveness. The issue was not fixed after uninstalling and reinstalling both Roblox and Roblox studio and restarting the device.

System:
Windows 10
Intel Core i7-8750H
16GB SODIMM 2400MHz
NVIDEA GeForce RTX 2070 Max-Q / Intel UHD Graphics 630

A private message is associated with this bug report

5 Likes

Experiencing the exact same Issue. I Currently have 0 access to Roblox Studio (though it does happen to client as well) due to this issue and that has been the case for a few Days now, which is quite impeding to my Work. Absolutely destroys your CPU if leave it running as a background process.

Also, for Roblox and not Studio for some reason, a very Small Window that you can only see via ALT + TAB will be produced, though you can’t click to maximize, put it in view or even close it with the X button.

Not sure if there’s some sort of correlation, but I too am using Windows 10, with an Intel CPU and a Nvidia GPU

1 Like

The solution appears to be closing out Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS.exe) because the overlay is competing with the desktop and it is causing issues.

I do not have RTSS installed on my Computer, have not heard of it until Now.

However, It seems that After Uninstalling Oculus (which I have not Opened in probably a Year and I think had all it’s services Disabled for the same duration), my Roblox and Roblox Studio miraculously works. They worked right after the Uninstall and, to check if it was just a Fluke, after resetting my PC.

So from that, I’m guessing an Update from Roblox that is VR related might be the cause of this weird bug. I do not Know if it affects all brands of VR or just Oculus but in my case it is Oculus Software.

3 Likes

can confirm. tried this and both studio and client started working as intended

Can also back this up, uninstalling Occulus immediately fixed the issue. Won’t mark as solution yet as this issue should still be investigated by Roblox.

I was having the same issue, and closing Rivatuner instantly fixed it. What a weird bug.

Hi all - have not heard of the RTSS issue prior to this, but we are aware of the issue with Oculus and are working to resolve it so these can coexist peacefully. Will update when a patch is out to see if your experience changes.

3 Likes

Hi all - we’ve patched things so Oculus will now “play nice” with Studio during startup. You should not need to disable anything now. Please let me know if this is the case (need latest build of Studio/restart)

i think this also happens on the store version because when i try to open the app 5 minutes later on pc start (basically when oculus started) roblox just crashes but studio not but if i try to open roblox UWP on pc when i just booted it recently then it works but if i try that with the normal player nothing happens it still runs in the background