Roblox studio becomes EXTREMELY laggy on 144 hz monitors but not 60 hz

Bug:

• roblox studio is unusable on my 144 hz monitor. It is extremely laggy, especially in the script editor and command bar, and makes it impossible to work.

Repro:

• move studio to a 144 hz monitor (can be set to 60 hz in drivers or 144, doesn’t matter, same result)
  • you can move studio back to the 60 hz monitor (if you have one) and it’s fine again

Another note:

• if my window focus is on my 60 hz monitor and I scroll (without clicking) in the 144 hz monitor’s roblox studio script view, it’s fine. Until that window is clicked/focused.

Started noticing it today, unknown how long it’s been happening.

Specs:

• Windows 10
  • GTX 1050 graphics card
  • gsync settings and monitors:
2 Likes

I see your monitor goes at 144 frames per second… I might be able to help you if you can tell me how much storage you have used out of how much you had when you first got your PC, your storage may be something to do with this issue you have.

Known workarounds:

• don’t use a 144 hz-capable monitor
  • change the g-sync tick to full screen mode only, not windowed, in nvidia control panel. Seems to fix it. Annoying to change between them for different games/applications though.

Do you have this problem or are you showing how you can solve it, sorry if I didn’t quite understand.

Just adding to the bug report thread without cluttering the original post

(storage is fine btw that was the 2nd thing I checked out of like 4 things :p ty)

1 Like

Try changing the rendering settings on studio. Sometimes switching to DirectX9 fixes things. You are on a Mac however so idk.

So your storage makes Studio perform differently on 60 vs 144 Hz monitors?

VSync has caused this problem with Studio forever. You can find bug reports on it from years ago. Studio has never supported VSync

3 Likes

Closing as this is a duplicate of many other topics with the same root issue.

Please file a feature request for VSync support in Studio instead.

1 Like