Roblox Studio Crashes on Apple Silicon Mac

What does it say in chip? That still doesn’t help us understand if this topic is the reason why Studio is crashing.

About this Mac:

There is no Chip, your modal in newer.

(picture edited out for safety concerns)

Ok, Processor is what we are looking at. This topic is not right for you. I would contact @Bug-Support about your issues, and try to be as specific as possible, and make sure they can reproduce the crashing.

Ya, I told bug support and they are helping me.

I don’t see why Apple Silicon would be that low on Roblox’s priority list.

Rosetta 2 Has Some Limitations When Running Old Intel Compatible Programs. It Allocates Less Memory And Power To The Running (App). Its Most Likely The Reason… i suppose

I agree with this. Basically my M1 is equivalent to my old Windows laptop because of Rosetta taking a lot of resources. I can only have 3 studios even though my processor is a lot better on my Mac. Also, it takes up a lot of ram, and I fill up 1 studio with 4 Gb of ram.

I do not own an Apple Silicon Mac and Roblox Studio is working completely fine!
Roblox Studio rarely crashes on my bigger projects. This could be the fact Roblox Studio is not properly optimized for Apple M1 Macs. You might experience problems with Roblox Studio on an M1 Mac with Rosetta 2. (e.g. Unable to open the place popups, flickering widgets and random crashes)

Device: MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2020)
Processor: 1.1 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i3
Storage: 256GB SSD (I have plenty of space in my drive)

I have owned my MacBook Air 13 Inch since July of 2020 and it had Catalina on it. All the problems with studio started occurring when I upgraded it to 11.0 Big Sur (soon will be upgrading to 12.0 Monterey when macOS Monterey releases)

Check your Apple Menu, Go to About This Mac… to check if your Mac model has Intel or M1 (My MacBook has Intel)

Please reply if your copy of Roblox Studio is working fine on your Apple Silicon Mac

You should censor the serial/product number for safety concerns.

Thanks! what kind of safety concerns?

You can scam someone out of their warranty if you know their serial number. It’s not exactly something to be parranoid about, but better to keep in mind that it might happen.

1 Like

I’ve investigated the issue myself a few times and crash logs have lead me to believe this issue is caused by Rosetta 2.

It has never crashed on my MacBook Air (M1) yet. Everything was working perfectly fine on Big Sur stable/beta and now on Monterey beta too.

I also experience crashing on my M1 mac, however it primarily happens when I stop playtesting.
Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 2.44.56 PM

Bumping to say that this issue is still present, even on a stable release of macOS:

Can also confirm that this still is an issue. This happens around once every day. Last time, I was editing a script, and Roblox just crashed for no reason, and no popups. I am running Studio 0.504, and my Mac is up to date.

1 Like

Sorry for bumping, but this issue is still happening today. It is quite annoying to loose an entire script because of a crash.

I feel that I am getting something similar on my windows 11 computer.

The original bug report was a crash, but this is a connection error. You should make another bug report.

3 Likes

Ok, thanks, I appreciate your advice.