Roblox studio file requirements question

hiiii!

i am currently trying to import some files into roblox studio, and the file isnt the correct format.

does anyone know the file (zip. or rar etc) to import it into roblox?

and if so, do you know a good file converter so i can import my .zip and .rar files into it?

much appreciated !

Hi @kuoves, what is the file for? Only certain formats are applicable in studio for specific tasks. If you are importing meshes, you will need to convert the file into an (.obj) file.

If that wasn’t your question, send me a message and I’m sure I can help out! :slight_smile:

1 Like

yes its a mesh, do you know any converter i can use to get it to an .obj file?

Yes, try Doxillion or AVS Media Converter. Some of the conversion softwares convert only video files, unfortunately. I wouldn’t recommend free conversion softwares, just because the risk of your file being corrupted in the process is likely. if you do find one that works out though, stick with it.

Since your files are compressed, you will have to extract them first in order to import them into Roblox Studio.

.zip and .rar are compressed file types used for storage or transmission. A media convertor will not convert these files to an .obj.

The mesh you’re looking for is likely inside the file, meaning you’re going to have to extract it before being able to access it.

You can find tutorials on how to extract a .zip or .rar file at the following links:

2 Likes

I would personally just start using Blender, as it is a good software for 3D modeling, and it is generally simple to convert your file over to the file required to be imported into studio, mind me asking me what 3D modeling software you currently are using?

2 Likes