Roblox studio has been crashing lately

Describe the bug. Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.

Studio has been crashing lately, seemingly random.
First time i remember, i clicked back onto the studio window after doing something else, and it crashed.

The second time i went to publish changes to a package.

How often does the bug happen (Everytime/sometimes/rarely)?

Within the last 4 days, 3 notable crashes.

Where does the bug happen (www, gametest, etc) Is it level-specific?

The crash has always been on this game, though this is the only game i’ve actually had studio open for multiple hours on, so it may not be specific to this game.

When did the bug start happening? If we can tie it to a specific release that helps us figure out what we broke.

All crashes have been within the last 4 days of posting this (first crash was June 28th, 2019)

Extra information

Windows 1803 on a AMD Ryzen CPU, using NVidia GTX 1070

These crashes are especially annoying, because of the recent issue i posted about. Before 4 days ago, crashes have been basically non-existant for a while.

8 Likes

Next time it crashes, can you send the .dmp file and similarly named log file from your roblox directory?

Still getting studio crashes, I have direct messaged you multiple .dmp files

Crashes appear to have changed (likely a fix was applied? but not quite fixing the underlying issue)

Studio is now crashing in a different manor, before it would put the pop up “roblox needs to quit… etc” message, however now it just instantly closes the window and no logs or dmp files are created. With this issue, i am unable to upload anything related to it. I’ve had the instant close about 4 times, the first time i thought maybe i clicked exit by accident, however all other ones i clicked back onto the window and was 100% sure it wasn’t me clicking exit, and even then it would ask if you want to save first if i did.

These issues are really frustrating, as every time it happens, i am forced to publish to the game to associate it with the game for datastore access, which also requires me to publish changes to packages. Auto save does work thankfully, so I’m not losing work.

@Semaphorism, I sent you a message yesterday about how to collect Studio crash dump when it crashes silently.

Please check it. And if such weird crash happens again, please PM me the dump file and log file, thanks:-)

Yep! i read it, however since then, i haven’t had any crashes. I’ll definitely do the steps you provided on the next one

1 Like