Roblox Studio - Icon Pack to revert the Intellesense Script Editor icons (or a recolor)

Roblox Studio - Revert the Intellesense Icons - Icon Pack

I made two icon packs, one is to revert and one is a re-color of the new icons.
Read below to find out more.

Roblox recently updated icons again. They added some new icons, most of them we’re already familiar with from what they have added previously. You might have seen them while editing Scripts.

The new AC icons

ACCodeSnippet
ACCodeSnippet
ACEnum
ACEnum
ACEvent
ACEvent
ACFunction
ACFunction
ACKeyword
ACKeyword
ACProperty
ACProperty
ACText
ACText
ACVariable
ACVariable

The old Icons

Here’s a list of all the old icons.

Text

Keyword

FUNCTION_ITEM

PROPERTY_ITEM

EVENT_ITEM

ENUM_ITEM

The new Icons in the Script Editor

New Icons

As you see in the new icons. They look fine, but what I don’t like is that Functions and Events share the same color. Aslong as Keywords and Enums

Problems with scaling I faced while making these icons ## So I made an icon pack that reverts it back... There's just one problem.

Compare this (The Revert)

with this (old version)

notice how the first icon from the revert is scaled weirdly…

HOWEVER DO NOT WORRY!

BECAUSE I FIXED THE SCALING ISSUE!!

However, I used a 2x version of the icons. And the issue was fixed for one icon. I think Roblox may have some issues with how things scale. And idk if there’s something I can change in the index.theme file.

I also had to remove any 1x version, for it to use the 2x version.

look at this:

it’s blurry

what I don’t understand is why the other one isn’t

Anyways, I fixed the scale. It was my fault, because I mistakly somehow exported it as 16x15px instead of 16x16px.

But I am unsure about the re-color. I wanted all 3x versions. But I don’t know what scaling algorithm Roblox used, so my re-color is basically a re-color of the original 1x file only. I didn’t want to edit all original versions separately.

I tested and fixed all the scaling issues, and left the 2x versions in the revert as well, if anyone wants to mess around.

Download

I made two icon packs. One reverts the icons back to these.
img_classtree@2x.bmp (51.1 KB)
That’s not the Icon Pack btw.

And the other one is a re-colored version of the new ones. On what I would have liked Roblox to do.

AutoComplete Icon Revert

AC_Classic.zip (16.7 KB)

This reverts the icons back to the old ones. The pack includes both 1x and 2x from the original files.

AutoComplete Re-color (Dark Theme)

Dark_AC_Recolor.zip (20.9 KB)

Preview

there are more re-colors, like:

There are more re-colors in the file than in the preview. (Just don’t forget), you can always mix the icons up to your preferences. They just have to be named correctly, for them to override the original icons.

Installation Instructions

Set the Custom Icon Directory to what you downloaded. It needs to follow this format:
CHOSEN_FOLDER/RobloxCustom

You can mix the icons you downloaded with whatever icon pack you have right now, like the Classic Icon pack. Just ensure that they’re named correctly!

Note:
The following icons are not replaced.

• ACCodeSnippet.png
  • ACVariable.png

I haven’t seen them in the autocomplete, they’re unused. But it’s really easy to fix, just copy paste the images in the re-pack and re-name the file the same way it’s named there.

Line of code you can use for testing icons
local test = {
	Enum = nil::EnumItem;
	["function"] = function() return end;
	property = nil;
	Event = nil::RBXScriptSignal;
}

test.

I hope you liked and enjoyed reading this thread.

9 Likes

Would be useful for Developers who prefer the old icons instead for whatever reasons, so thanks for sharing this.

3 Likes

I think Roblox made some updates that added new icons. The re-pack still overrides the string one.

I’ll get the new icons eventually and put them here. I think it’s just the text one.