ROBLOX Studio is being Extremely Slow/Laggy on PC/Windows 10

Posting here because I do not have permission to post to the Studio Bug category, and this seemed like the second most relevant/acceptable place to post this

Within the last week or so, I’ve noticed that it has been incredibly slow to move around in ROBLOX Studio. Trying to move my location within my game, even scroll through explorer, etc. has been pretty slow.
That being said, the script editor has no issues (at this moment). This issue is the complete opposite of a bug I had on Mac almost three years ago.

My PC setup is pretty decent. It runs considerably better than my 2014 Macbook (obviously), and games that were laggy/impossible to play on that run extremely smoothly on this PC. I bought it used in August, have had no issues until now. Would’ve preferred it new but with the current state of things I don’t feel like dropping triple what I paid for, for something marginally better.
The specs are the following:
16 GB of RAM
256 GB of SSD space
1TB of hard drive space
i5-7500 Processor
GTX1060 PCI Express Processor
I’m assuming this PC is from around 2016/2017.

These are currently the plugins I run on Studio.

In that screenshot it says I need to update some of them, but I already have. I updated them a second time and it seems to have gone away, but still.

In addition, the rendering in Studio is pretty subpar due to this. I don’t know how well this GIF will show that, but it’s not great.

The issue is worse in bigger/more developed games I work on, but it makes no sense that my PC has an easier time rendering them when I play them vs. editing them. There must be something ROBLOX related going on. I’ve tried restarting my PC, reinstalling Studio, updating Windows 10 (cannot download 11 though), etc. What should I do? Are one or more of the plugins I have installed causing this?

6 Likes

Lower your Graphics Quality in the Studio Settings menu, all the help I can give you.

Considering that you have 16 GB’s of RAM, 256 GB’s of SSD space, 1TB of hard drive space, and more, it’s hard to figure out how studio could be failing to update if it needs to. You might need to enable the setting? Not sure why it would be giving you trouble like that.

1 Like

How would I do that? I’ve lowered my settings in-game, and even done it like this.

Nothing has changed.

@Sniper_OO1 yeah I have no issue playing games, but Studio is sooo laggy.

Hm, are you working on games with a lot of parts? (specifically over 5k)

Yes, I am

However, I try to edit the game on my older Macbook that does not have nearly the specs that my PC has, and it’s so much faster. I don’t know if this GIF will demonstrate that well

These are my Mac’s specs:
Screen Shot 2021-11-27 at 8.39.05 PM

I’m very certain that the settings on Studio for both my PC and Mac are the same, and they have the same plugins installed.

Do you use StreamingEnabled? That helps to reduce lag.

It might not help as much in studio itself, but it’ll reduce the lag when loading into a game with a lot of content: Content Streaming | Roblox Creator Documentation

1 Like

No, I do not use it. I prefer not to since I know it can cause a whole other bunch of issues

This is an issue I only experience in Studio, generally speaking my game isn’t terribly laggy since I do not hear many complaints about it from my playerbase. My Mac can run the game better in Studio than my gaming PC and my gaming PC runs the game better in play mode thna my Mac, which makes no sense.

1 Like

To add on, you can also use computer check ups, there are many websites which have this, where you can check to see the root cause of lag on a PC.

1 Like

I think it’s the 2gb of vRAM. I have 18gb, and it cant some games well.

1 Like

any suggested ones? Studio is the only program I having issues with. Everything else, including playing games on ROBLOX, is fine.

1 Like

Any solution to this for my PC or am I beat? As I said in the initial post, I’ve only started having this issue with Studio very very recently from what I can recall. It still doesn’t make any sense that I can run the game I am trying to work on better when I am playing it in servers full of 20+ players, but I can’t edit it when it is static.

I would use iolo.com

It can help organize files and such, to speed up your computer.

You can also add antiviruses, cause viruses will cause lag aswell.

1 Like

Multiple Monitors and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Properties (gyazo.com)

I think the vRAM on the PC is better than the Mac.

Maybe it’s the multiple monitors? I have it currently connected to a 40 inch TV (that is currently turned off but I can turn it on and get the connection going), a 22f HP monitor, and an old HP w2207h monitor from 10+ years ago that remains mostly off (but connection is live) so I can have multiple screens when doing homework deving etc

If you have multiple monitors running at once, that could contribute to the problem. Although it is odd that the lag would only happen in studio…

Considering that one of them is over 10 years old, you might wanna at least upgrade the computer’s software, if not buy a new one. They get slower and slower as time goes on.

I recently upgraded my internet speed, and I have already begun to notice that my PC is starting to get slower again, (don’t upgrade your internet speed, it’s a ripoff imo)

I have the max version that I can upgrade my PC right now. I can’t upgrade to windows since the processor apparently isn’t strong enough

I don’t wanna sound spoiled here, but I would definitely consider buying a new computer. It could be slowing things down. If it isn’t causing too much of a problem, don’t waste your money and upgrade when you can.

Then again, you could just not use the one that is slowing everything down. If you have multiple other ones, it shouldn’t do too much damage, unless you really need it.

I’m more annoyed that this issue just started recently and is only for one program.

You said that you tried reinstalling studio correct?

I did, but I will try again. I will follow up in a second