ROBLOX Studio is being Extremely Slow/Laggy on PC/Windows 10

Any solution to this for my PC or am I beat? As I said in the initial post, I’ve only started having this issue with Studio very very recently from what I can recall. It still doesn’t make any sense that I can run the game I am trying to work on better when I am playing it in servers full of 20+ players, but I can’t edit it when it is static.

I would use iolo.com

It can help organize files and such, to speed up your computer.

You can also add antiviruses, cause viruses will cause lag aswell.

1 Like

Multiple Monitors and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Properties (gyazo.com)

I think the vRAM on the PC is better than the Mac.

Maybe it’s the multiple monitors? I have it currently connected to a 40 inch TV (that is currently turned off but I can turn it on and get the connection going), a 22f HP monitor, and an old HP w2207h monitor from 10+ years ago that remains mostly off (but connection is live) so I can have multiple screens when doing homework deving etc

If you have multiple monitors running at once, that could contribute to the problem. Although it is odd that the lag would only happen in studio…

Considering that one of them is over 10 years old, you might wanna at least upgrade the computer’s software, if not buy a new one. They get slower and slower as time goes on.

I recently upgraded my internet speed, and I have already begun to notice that my PC is starting to get slower again, (don’t upgrade your internet speed, it’s a ripoff imo)

I have the max version that I can upgrade my PC right now. I can’t upgrade to windows since the processor apparently isn’t strong enough

I don’t wanna sound spoiled here, but I would definitely consider buying a new computer. It could be slowing things down. If it isn’t causing too much of a problem, don’t waste your money and upgrade when you can.

Then again, you could just not use the one that is slowing everything down. If you have multiple other ones, it shouldn’t do too much damage, unless you really need it.

I’m more annoyed that this issue just started recently and is only for one program.

You said that you tried reinstalling studio correct?

I did, but I will try again. I will follow up in a second

I’m kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one, if reinstalling doesn’t work, there is probably an internal software bug in your computer. Once you are able to identify the cause, it will be easier to fix the problem.

do you have g-sync enabled by any chance? it’s been known to cause performance issues in studio for whatever reason

Just uninstalled and reinstalled it, still having the issue.
BTW, the program you sent me kept failing to install.
https://gyazo.com/7dd8eb6488e2fdfae2e8cec819257319

Interesting, it worked for me… (It’s been a while since I’ve installed it though, something might have changed)

where would it be located under?

It should be under the NVIDIA Control Panel I think, it depends on the computer though I would assume.

Anyways, I have to get going. Hopefully I helped a bit. Good luck with the situation…

I appreciate it.

I unplugged the wires from my TV and older monitor, issue still remains. Would unplugging the wire from the PC vs. the device it connects to change anything?

Not seeing the option for G-Sync anything here.

Going to consider doing a factory reset of my PC. I did this for my Macbook a while ago when I had a similar issue and it fixed it.

This is probably going to be my last update post on this thread, hopefully.

Since posting this I had issues in the ROBLOX player where the lag was unbearable. Like my frame rate had to be like 5 FPS, lol. This was the last straw, so I did a soft reset of my PC (reset the system, deleted apps, but kept most of my files), and it fixed the issue, both in the player and studio.

Don’t know why this issue was local to ROBLOX, and I don’t know why factory resetting was the only solution. Hopefully, the issue won’t return and I won’t have to reset my PC again. Seems like it was a very similar issue experienced on my MacBook three years ago now, with an identical solution.

3 Likes