Roblox Studio is blurry

Using an iMac for some development while I am away and notice that lots of items look blurry.

38%20AM

In the image above, the toolbox looks blurry and then all the text on the actual Roblox window looks blurry. This includes things such as humanoid names as-well.

09%20AM

Note: Roblox looks blurry in-game as-well.

7 Likes

Unfortunately, I donā€™t think we have that option on macOS to toggle high DPI scaling. We do have the option of changing our resolution but that just makes the problem worse. Iā€™m on the retina 5K and I think mostly everything renders fine apart from the Toolbox and some plugins that create Studio windows.

2 Likes

We donā€™t have that option sadly, and I donā€™t think it would help because youā€™ll notice a lot of stuff is sharp but a few things like I pointed out in the OP are blurry.

So the 3D environment renders at a lower resolution.

Itā€™s just that doing UI development sucks.

Can confirm, looks fine on your average Joe monitor on Desktop or Laptops, but my Laptop has a 2K Monitor and it looks blurry mostly in the toolbox.

2 Likes

There is no plan to change game DPI now. A fix for plugins on macOS was released.

So no one who has a screen above 1080 with macOS will be able to develop for the platform.

Robloxā€™s plans of having the top game studio making 50 million a year in 5 years will lead to studios having the best computers for fast development, which may happen to be a Mac with above 1080 resolution.

Toolbox now looks better. Why is it unable to develop? Iā€™m not sure I understood.

1 Like

Any screen GUI looks blurry. So when I am making custom backgrounds and such, I am not sure if I did it correctly and made the image sharp. I have to get out another computer or my mobile to test.

Yep, I should have updated the original post further. Itā€™s any UI element, not just the text.

*Any UI element that will be used in your game, not the Roblox Studio UI except for the toolbox and such that apparently you have fixed.

Any update on this? I am back from my overseas trip and at my regular station so it no longer affects me, but it still affects others and will affect me in the future when I upgrade.

Theyā€™re already expressed intent to fix it, but they canā€™t just flip a switch and have it happen overnight. These things take time, and itā€™s likely not a priority as itā€™s largely a ā€˜cosmeticā€™ change - it just looks a bit sharper and clearer - and plus not everyone uses a high DPI monitor.

tl;dr be patient, itā€™ll happen eventually

Well she said she didnā€™t entirely know what I mean and hasnā€™t responded with something like ā€œWe see the issue now and are working on itā€.

Calling it just a cosmetic issue is not fair, it affects development. You literally canā€™t tell if your GUI is sharp and clean when scaling, you a need another device to keep checking.

I noticed too, only with in the last few months, it was not like that before.
I am on a windows 8 laptop, 15" screen my resolution is 1366x768.
i5 3210M 2.50ghz, 8gb ram graphics: intel HD 4000 :frowning:
I never had that issue before though, I thought it might have been my laptop, i had to do a refresh of it.
This clarifies its not my laptop.

I hope there can be a fix

For windows you can apparently enabled ā€œHigh DPIā€ or something. If you search the forums for that you should find the fix.