Roblox Studio Keeps Breaking

1. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    Roblox studio keeps having this weird bug that ive have never experienced in my whole 5 years of being on the platform where i get stuck on a grey screen everytime i try to test my game it works fine the first time i press play but then after i stop the test and press play again it just gives me a grey screen and i have to close down my studio and open it back up every single time i want to test my script or test anything which is super annoying

1. What solutions have you tried so far?
    ive restarded studio several times (probably about 40) re installed studio like 4 times, deleted the registry key like 4 times NOTHING WORKS

if anyone knows how to fix this please help me

We are aware of this issue and actively working on chasing it down for a full fix. It doesn’t happen for everyone so we’ve been relying on the community to give us logs.

When this happens again, instead of shutting down Studio try resizing the entire Studio window (minimize/maximize may work too) and let me know if that brings the view back.

thank you for the reply, i will try these things to see if it works, also i forgot to say that i have 2 monitors so maybe that might be the issue??? i dont really know, thank you tho

1 Like

when i resize it or minimize it it gets even worse lol

Sometimes that happens to me as well, I’d restart studio for it. As for the Grey screen it happens quite frequently but minimizing then maximizing the window seems to do the trick for me.

Can you try Reset View (instructions here)? This will reset your dock layout but the dev team thinks this may at least temporarily keep it from happening.

I assume it happens pretty frequently for you so it would be pretty obvious if this helps?

so far it doesnt seem to be happening to me anymore for some reason ever since i minimized the window, but if it happens again (im pretty sure it will lol) ill try this and let u know if it works

1 Like

Something similar happens to me. When playtesting, studio becomes extremely slow and hangs for about a minute for starting and stopping playtesting. This happens when closing studio as well.

A minute!? It should always be less than a few seconds. The next time this happens and you have the time, please post a bug with log files.

Seems to have stopped at the time of me writing this. Though, I have experienced this in the past a couple of times (each time has slight variation), but it seems to happen for a different reason each time.

The grey screen no longer happens to me anymore, but now Studio has connectivity issues (shows “Create New Game” instead of showing my games, about 5% of the time) and duplicates the games shown upon exiting.

yea it kinda stopped happening for me aswell i still get the bug at least 5 times every hour but thats way less annoying then when i use to get it like 50 times an hour

Are you talking about the Play start delay or the gray screen?

gray screen, but sometimes i dont even get a grey screen it just like uhm how do i explain it, if i have a script open and i press play test then it will just have the script ui open even when i try to switch the tab back to the explorer(i think its called that) its pretty weird

edit: sorry if my explanation was bad

1 Like

I’m still having an issue with the docking in my Studio on my second monitor. Some windows move up and slightly left from where I positioned them previously each time I open Studio and the window tops eventually move off the top of the screen if I don’t manually move them. I tried resetting but it hasn’t ever temporarily fixed the issue.
My original bug report from Dec. 22, 2022 was here: Studio windows on 2nd screen saving in different position off edge of screen. It got a replies from @thirdtakeonit and @ElephantMesh but no resolution of the issue yet.

Why does using a second monitor have so much of an impact with updates to Studio?

We are prioritizing the overall docking corruption currently. We think it will likely resolve some of these other issues but I can’t say with certainty it will specifically resolve the multi-monitor issues you’re seeing.

The team is making steady progress and we will not stop until we squash the problem(s)

1 Like