Roblox studio not opening up on MacBook

Hello! I have been recently having problems trying to “open” up Roblox Studio, it would keep saying this: https://gyazo.com/3c03590e2777a2758db9d5c1365dbd79, I tried to re-download roblox, I tried to re-install it also, I tried to remove my storages, but it would keep saying the same message as I showed you in that link, I even tried to re-start my laptop, but roblox studio still wouldn’t open up, it has been 2 weeks and I still can’t open up, does anyone have any suggestions?

3 Likes

Hey,

Exactly 39 minutes ago I wrote to a guy who had a problem with lag on his MacBook and he couldn’t develop properly. I wrote this to him and I think you have the same problem.

I’m 99% sure I know what the problem is and I hope I can help you because there is a solution to it. SO basically I’ve been developing on my MacBook for years and it worked fine until roblox studio had multiple updates. Through time it became a “nightmare” I couldn’t move a block without having my laptop freeze for 5-10 seconds. I’ve then downloaded a RAM checking app (not RAM thats impossible it’s a checking App) and I noticed that roblox studio took like 70% of my RAM once I opened it. (That’s what the App said) I then started closing all other Apps such as Spotify, Google Chrome, Discord (And everything else). I only had roblox studio open and it worked much better . One day which was about a year ago another update came and I wasn’t able to open roblox studio on it anymore. My MacBook was from 2014 or 2015 I don’t really remember. I now changed onto a normal windows PC and it’s killing it. I’ve told myself that I’ll never ever again buy a MacBook or iMac.
Anyways here the solution again: Close all other Tabs Discord, Spotifly etc and the lag should get reduced. It should work!

I think you have the same problem. As I already said above to the other guy my MacBook had very little RAM and I had to close all other applications to run roblox studio. I’d recommend you to try the same thing. There’s not really anything else that you can do.

I hope this will help you! :slight_smile:

Please reply to me and tell me if it worked once you try it! I really want to know.

• Cheerful
5 Likes

So your basically saying I should delete discord, Spotify, etc from my MacBook? Or closing the tabs, because I tried to close my tabs and it still said the same thing.

He’s not telling you to delete them, just close the tabs once you are in a game or in studio. It shouldn’t be necessary to delete them unless it breaks your laptop.

2 Likes

Try uninstalling roblox studio and then restarting your Mac book then reinstall it. This worked for me and I use a mid-2011 IMac.

2 Likes

No, just don’t have them open because RAM is the amount of apps that you can work with at the same time!!!

2 Likes

Closing isn’t enough there’s another way to absolutely close them. You have to right click with your mouse and then close them. Just pressing the X at the top left won’t do the job. If it’s still not working I’d try what Luke said because that makes sense too.

3 Likes

Do you have any programs/firewalls that may stop this? Do you have malware?

2 Likes

I have Blender because I am a designer, but from what else that I have is just things that came when I got this MacBook.

1 Like

so you do not have any malware or firewalls? do you have cookies enabled? are you signed into roblox? have you uninstalled roblox completely and redownloaded it? there may be a dozen reasons as to why this does not work

2 Likes
1 Like

hey miss. did a quick google search and this might help even though its directed towards the roblox player. contact roblox support if it doesnt work https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/203313000-Mac-Upgrade-Fail-Message

2 Likes

No. 3 was what Luke said.
No. 4 was what I said.
No. 5 is also another thing that comes with what I said.

as you can see you have to right click with your mouse and the press Quit to fully close the app or it will run in the background.

2 Likes

I have uninstalled roblox completely and re-downloaded it, with Cookie, I have it enabled for ROBLOX and malware and fires, I do not.

1 Like

I tried what Luke and you said, did not work. :frowning:

1 Like

Have you tried quitting the apps like in the picture up there?

1 Like

Maybe it’s because of WiFi? Do you have a strong connection?

2 Likes

She should definitively try that but shouldn’t it then say “failed to update” ?

1 Like

Mhm! I do. But sometimes, it does disconnect and sometimes we have a power issue that can stop working.

1 Like

The only thing I can recommend you it to get professional help and to get informed. Everything you do by yourself can just mess up the settings. Rather pay like 10-15$ to get it sorted nicely than to mess up the system. You should try these though a few times. Also especially the one with quitting all applications and then restarting.

2 Likes